Chapter 8

Jason felt despair as he saw his friend Michael sit in another seat, besides sitting next to him. Maybe he just doesn't want Freddy to yell at him if he decides to sit next to me... Jason thought, trying to make him happy instead of disappointed.

The bus driver eased on the breaks and the bus slowed to an entire stop. Michael looked behind to Jason and tried to smile at him. Jason almost sighed in relief, knowing that Michael was still friends with him. 

Freddy and the three other people who were oddly hanging out with him and talking to him, got up and started to walk to the front of the bus. The rest of the kids, beside Michael and Jason, got off as well, following in Freddy's footsteps.

Jason started to walk to Michael and he whispered to him, "I thought you didn't want to hang out with me!"

Michael shook his head and looked to Jason as if he was crazy. Jason smiled and nodded his head as they both started to walk to the front of the bus, and jump from the steps to the school entrance. "You only did it because you thought Freddy would be mad at you... didn't you?" Jason asked.

Michael nodded and looked thankful to know that his friend understood why he wasn't sitting with Jason on the bus. "Good... I was kind of worried... since I have no one else... I mean, it seems like that." Michael nodded again, keeping his mouth shut.

"You don't have you backpack either?" Jason queried his friend as he noticed that Michael had no backpack on his shoulder. "No," Michael said as he looked to his classes. "Bye!" He said with a smile. The two parted with a wave.

Jason walked into his classroom and looked to Freddy, who was now sitting with the three he was sitting behind at the school bus.

He doesn't even know their names! We don't even know their names! Jason fumed in his head.

How could they be hanging out?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Freddy looked over to Jason, who was sitting alone at where they usually sat. He had a feeling inside of him, that it wasn't right. That he shouldn't be hanging out with people who used to torture him with never ending taunts. That he should be with his friend, Jason, who would face the taunts together, and who would be there with him to laugh... to hang out with after school. To be with him.

Freddy turned his head and looked to Kari and Josh, who were debating over the fact that Golden Oreos were better than Chocolate, and vice versa. 

"Have you ever tried the golden ones?!" Asked Kari as she poked Josh in the chest. "I don't have to! Chocolate is always better than... vanilla!" He countered.

Freddy sighed and rolled his eyes. He was still looking at Jason... who right now seemed like his ex-friend. Jason had his head down and was shaking violently.

Why was he shaking?

Freddy pondered the question for a while until he looked to the teacher, who just came in and told the class to take out their homework. 

Freddy growled, ready to tell the teacher a good excuse to why he doesn't have his homework with him. I fell asleep early... He confirmed his excuse in his head.

If he hadn't pushed Jason, he wouldn't need an excuse right now... He would have his homework with him... and he would be sitting next to Jason...

But all because of a single push... it ended like this.

 But maybe... this isn't even the end?

Maybe it's the beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael looked over to the classroom full of children. Some laughing, some yelling out at random, and then some drawing with crayons, on their own homework. His teacher looked over to him and rushed him over to his usually seat, smiling like a crazy lady.

She would always do that to Michael, usually waiting for a grin or chuckle in return. She has gone completely crazy with Michael in her class. She has been making jokes, mostly directing them to Michael, who would look simply to her in return. She would smile insanely to him, pleading for a grin, but would just get a stare of boredom. The teacher would do anything for a sign of happiness, or just a peep from him. She has been trying to be happy, and keep her spirits up even when Michael doesn't talk, but it gets her so stewed, that she would yell at Michael. Michael would say nothing, making her more violent with words, making Michael feel more happy, have a more successful feeling.

"So Michael, did you get your homework done?" She asked him, her brown hair fizzy, obviously not brushed. Michael shrugged and looked to her. "You forgot your backpack... Why is that?" She said with a smile of disapproval. He pointed to where his friends would be, hoping she would understand. "You left them with your friends?" She asked. He waited for a second, before nodding. She had almost gotten it right.

"Okay, pass your papers to your closet buddy, and he or she will be grading it!" Michael's teacher said as she clasped her hands together. "Michael didn't do his, so just don't pass him one," His teacher said. It was the rule, that when you didn't do your homework, you didn't get to grade homework.

Michael was absolutely fine with it. Why would he want to do the dirty work of a teacher, who was practically insane?

Taking his mind off of school, he sighed at the thought of his friend Freddy. I don't want to ruin my friendship with Freddy... but I don't want to ruin a friendship with Jason ... Should I split up my time? Spending lunch with Freddy and recess with Jason? He nodded to himself, agreeing that he shouldn't stop being friends with one person, and just hang out with both of them. 

He really hoped they understood where he was in the situation. He was forced to either be friends with Jason or Freddy. It was not like he had known one for a longer time, he had met both at the same time, on the same bus.

They were his best friends, that he had been for a while. 

They were the only things making his sane.

Sorry this took long, my mother told me I couldn't write for a while... :/ Well here is! :D Comment/vote...? :D?