Volume 2 Chapter 1: Making Weapons For The Weaponless Duo

Start from the beginning

"Well..."

Let's see... A wand is a good start for her but with her magic stat, a basic wand might not be able to contain the amount of magic she has. A staff might contain it but not only is she inexperienced, I might not have enough materials to make it. That leaves...

"What about a scepter?" I say.

"A scepter? What is that?" Nakano questions.

"It's kind of like a short staff. Like the ceremonial scepter of your father's coronation." Mizuha answers

"Oh, that. Can that be made into a weapon?"

"Anything can be made into a weapon." I say.

"That's... a scary statement but if that's what Hiroki-san thinks is best for me I will not argue."

"Alright then, a scepter it is. It'll be perfect fo you."

At least, I hope it is. Well a scepter isn't hard to make, it barely needs any forging to begin with. All I need to forge is the thing on top that holds the orb or gem. All I need is a mystic root. Maybe Nozomi knows where I can get one.

"Hey Aito-san, can I stop doing this?" Nozomi complains.

"Just suck it up, you know where I can get a mystic root?" I ask her.

"Hmm? A mystic root? I don't know, maybe Ack knows."

"Really?"

Well, it does make sense since he was the 'dungeon keeper' last time. I don't know if he'll just give it to me if he has it though. Wait is that him? Why is he peeking on us?

"Hey, Ack!" I calm out to him.

"Hrngh!!"

Oh, he ran away. I better catch up.

"See you later, Nozomi."

"Yeah..."

......

Now I could've sworn I saw him come here. Ah, there he is.

"Whatcha doing, Ack?"

"Hrrngh?! How did you?"

"I followed you. Now do you have something called a mystic root? It's kind of like a magical stick." I explain to Ack.

"Hmm, even if Ack had one, Why would Ack give it to someone like you." He says.

"Because this someone doesn't want to beat you up like last time."

"Krgh?! .... Fine but you have to tell Ack  one thing."

"What is it?"

"What is your relationship with the Nice Miss?"

Nice Miss? Oh, he must be talking about Nozomi. Why does he want to know?

"Well, we're just friends."

"Really?"

"I mean I met her a while back but only briefly, now she's just helping me out with the dungeon." I explain.