Camping Trip

Four thirty in the morning on my last day of work for a week and Arlo is awake and screaming his little lungs out. He has a fever, red ears, and cheeks. The poor little fella was teething terribly so I picked him up and put his dummy (pacifier, whatever you wanna call it) in his mouth and changed his nappy before I took him upstairs and made him a bottle. While the bottle was cooling down I got some baby paracetamol from the pantry and while he wasn't paying attention I popped it in to his mouth. I smiled softly as his little eyes opened wide from the new taste and then watched as his bottom lip quivered and he looked like he was about to cry.

I shoved his dummy back in his mouth quickly and tested his bottle again. I took him in to the living room and made myself comfortable on the sofa and started feeding him his bottle.

At some point I feel asleep on the sofa with Arlo, he was wedged between me and the back of the couch and I was cuddling him and using a cushion as a pillow. "Daisy." I groaned as I heard my name but kept. my eyes closed, I was in no condition to open them, let alone think. Arlo had been up most of the night and so had I. "Daisy, go to bed." The voice spoke again and I groaned again. A pair of arms reached over to me and I felt them pick up Arlo, who was fast asleep, cradled in my arms on the sofa.

"No." I whined and tightened my grip on Arlo.

"How long have you been on the sofa?" I knew it was Harry but I didn't want to open my eyes and have a conversation with him.

"Not long enough, go away." I whined but let him take Arlo from the couch.

"Daisy, get up and go to bed." He said a little louder this time but I'm pretty sure he walked off. "If you don't get up and go to bed I'm going to pick you up and carry you down the stairs." He grunted when he came back.

"Nooo." I whined and rolled over. "Go away, my alarm will go off soon." I grunted and buried my head under the cushion I had been using as a pillow.

"No it won't I turned it off, get your ass off this fucking sofa and go to bed. I'll take the kids to school." He said and pulled the cushion from my head. I appreciated the fact that he had offered to take the kids to school, but it was my job, so as much as I didn't want to get up, I sat up and looked around the living room. It was still dark because the curtains hadn't been opened but it was bright and loud in the kitchen where all three big kids were at the table having breakfast.

"It's fine, Harry, I'll take them." I grumbled as I stood up from the sofa and stumbled in to the kitchen like someone still drunk from the night before.

"Daisy, are you ok?" Josh cocked an eyebrow at me as I stumbled over to the coffee pot and grabbed a mug and filled it to the brim.

"Fantastic." I grunted and took a big sip of my coffee.

"Seriously, Daisy, go to sleep." Harry followed me in to the kitchen and after taking sip of my coffee he took it off me and poured it down the sink. "You can barely keep your eyes open, go and get some sleep and I'll watch the kids." Harry narrowed his eyes at me and took my arm firmly to the staircase that led to the basement.

"You're not to do anything until you've had at least five hours sleep." He said and gave me a little shove. I felt like I didn't really have a choice so I did as I was told and went downstairs and crawled back in to my bed and fell asleep.

'''

"You didn't have to do that." I yawned four and half hours later. Harry was sitting at the kitchen table with Niall and Louis, Evie sat next to Niall with her crayons and some paper.

"Yes I did, you'd all be dead and wrapped around a tree if I didn't." He muttered as he looked up at me. I had showered and gotten dressed and didn't feel half as bad as I had this morning. I trudged to the kitchen and poured myself another coffee and sat myself on the other side of Louis and leaned my head on his shoulder.