12 - Leave

She finally arrived at her home after a tiring, boring day at highschool. She never understood why she even goes there in the first place.

She took off her shoes and looked around for her father. As she walked through the hallways she heard voices and music playing from the living room. She headed back and saw her father seated comfortably on the couch, his mouth gaped open as his eyes fell droopy.

She softly giggled at the sight before she walked over to him. The couch space beside the man slowly sunk, making him slightly lean on his daughter's shoulder. When the man noticed her presence, he quickly snapped out of his daydream and smiled innocently towards her, the woman on the other hand gave off a bored and blank expression as she watched the man's smile.

She rolled her eyes as she stood up from the couch "Where are you going?" Her dad's voice halted her in her steps. "To your room" she replied blankly, the man didn't question further.

When she stood in front of her dad's room, she twisted the door knob as the door made a slight creak before opening wide making way for her presence to walk in. The soft and faint smell that invited her always reminded her of her mother, that is why she loves coming here. And she does, quite often.

She sniffed the fragrance happily as she laid herself comfortably sunken in on the soft cushion beneath her tall, skinny figure. She closed her eyes, the smell drifting her to sleep.

Her dad's phone rang

The loud, repeated melody made her fall off her bed causing pain to form around her butt. She scrunched her eyes in pain as she rolled around the cold carpet floor hoping to release the pain.

She then stopped when the pain was no longer felt. She now laid on her left, her eyes now in contact with an object underneath the bed. It was a dark, dusty cave but the shine of the object caught her eye. She quickly positioned herself on her knees, her left hand placed flat on the floor supporting her body as she reached for the frame underneath.

When she felt the object, she quickly pulled it out, only to find herself holding a picture frame covered in various dust particles, leaving no space for one clean spot. She dusted off the object, stood up and grabbed a tissue as she made the frame clean and with no spec of dirt. She threw the tissue onto the trash bin with a good aim before sitting herself down on the edge of her father's bed.

The picture contained of a little girl, who she recognized as herself, hugging a boy just a bit shorter in height. She chuckled at the sight

'why am I hugging him like he'd disappear?'

She thought. She turned the frame around, finding some writings permanently placed on to the wooden back of the object.

'Y/N and Kookie getting ready for a picture before they become drenched in sweat

12.5.02'

The words read. She slightly furrowed her eyebrows, her gaze now looking back at the shy expression plastered on the boy's face. She turned the frame around once again. Focusing on the date written at the bottom right hand corner. 12.5.02, 12 May 2002. She was 5 years old in that picture it seems. Without a single hint of the boy flooding her mind, giving up she placed the frame back underneath her dad's bed, it's original place before she found it.