Chapter 18

When Jennifer got back to her house with Ava Colin was already waiting on her doorstep. "Your here earlier than I thought," Jennifer said panicked. She hadn't got the dinner ready yet, what would her and Colin do while the dinner was cooking. "Yeah, I got off early. The scene didn't take as long as they thought," Colin scratched the back of his head. Jennifer opened the door and let them both in. She then unleashed Ava. "I didn't start dinner, as I thought you would be late, so we will just have to wait," Jennifer told him. "Ok, that's fine. Can't wait to eat whatever you are making," Colin smiled. He opened Jennifer's fridge and got out 2 bottles of beer for them. "Thanks," Jennifer smiled when he handed it to her. Colin had been to Jennifer's house so many times that he knew where everything was. It was like his second home.

"The con last weekend was pretty fun," Colin said. He was talking about the creation entertainment convention in Vancouver. "Yeah, it was. I like going to cons with you better than going alone," Jennifer said. "Me too. You should do more cons," Colin said. "Maybe..." Jennifer didn't always like doing conventions as she didn't like having to answer questions at the panels. Sometimes the questions were kinda personal and she didn't really wanna answer then. If Jennifer decided to leave the show she would defiantly do more conventions, as it would be a way of thanking the fans. It would also be the only time Jennifer would see Colin.

"How are your leg doing?" Jennifer asked Colin. He had broken it when they filmed the musical episode. "It's fine. I didn't like having to wear this thing," Colin pointed to the boot. "At least you can still walk on it and it doesn't look too bad. Now you are down to only one hand and one leg," Jennifer joked. "While I still managed to dance at our wedding," Colin smiled. "Yeah you did so well," Jennifer said. The wedding went perfectly. When Jennifer saw Colin in his tux she wanted the whole thing to be real. The dance that they performed was like a dream. When they danced to Happy Beginning Jennifer couldn't stop looking into Colin's eyes. It didn't matter that there were hundreds of people watching them because all Jennifer could think about and concentrate on was Colin. "Our wedding was so fun," Jennifer said. "Yeah it was, you looked beautiful," Colin scratched his ear. Jennifer could feel herself starting to blush, so she decided to check on the dinner.

"Shot!" Jennifer said opening up the oven. The salmon was overcooked. She and Colin couldn't eat it now. "What's wrong?" Colin asked. "I was too distracted and didn't notice that our dinner was burning," Jennifer said angrily. "It's ok we can order takeout," Colin suggested. "I guess... sorry Colin you must be starving," Jennifer frowned. "It's ok Jen, we can order Italian your favorite," Colin rubbed her back. "Yeah but, I just wanted to make you dinner," Jennifer said. "You can cook for me another day," Colin tried to cheer her up. However, Jennifer was disappointed as she didn't know if there would be the next time. What if Colin didn't want to hang out with her after she confessed her feelings.

Colin ordered them dinner while Jennifer pouted on the sofa. When Colin got off the phone he sat next to her. "What do you wanna do while we wait?" Colin asked. "I don't know, you decide," Jennifer replied. "How about we watch an episode of Once?" Colin suggested. "No!" Jennifer said quickly. If they watched an episode now then Jennifer's plan for after dinner would be ruined. "Come on, we always have so much fun watching ourselves and making fun of each other," Colin laughed. Jennifer couldn't bring herself to say no to him, so she agreed to watch 1 episode of Once together.

Colin wanted to watch the season 4 finale. Jennifer figured that it should be an ok episode as there wasn't too much CaptainSwan. Then she could do Lana's idea after dinner. Colin laughed at Jennifer as Emma Swan fought her way through the author's world. Then the screen showed Emma giving Regina a pep talk about love. Jennifer remembered filming this scene well. When she was saying her lines she thought about Colin about the love she had for him. The lines she said somewhat resonated with herself. She always wanted to tell Colin that she loved him, but she never had the courage too. It was weird how sometimes the writers of the show wrote lines that really connected to Jennifer's life. Hopefully, Jennifer would never have to live with the pain of never telling Colin that she liked him as she was going to tell him tonight. Re-watching the scene made Jennifer determined to tell Colin her feelings.

The episode was coming to an end. Emma Swan had just returned home and was going home to find Killian. As soon as Emma saw Killian she jumped on him and pinned him to the bed. Jennifer had improvised that part. Colin wasn't expecting it, and when she did it the first time he laughed. The director liked what Jennifer did so they did the rest of the filming with Jennifer's addition. Jennifer had to jump on Colin around 20 times until they were finished filming. Jennifer watched Emma chicken out in saying I love you to Killian. She hoped that she wouldn't do that tonight.

"Oh no," Colin said looking down at his phone. "What?" Jennifer asked. "The Take-out order never went through," Colin said. "Ugh, this night is going horribly! I wanted it to be perfect," Jennifer said annoyed. Maybe it was a sign, maybe she and Colin didn't belong together. "It's ok, we had a great time watching TV," Colin said. "Yeah, but I am starving and I just wanted tonight to be ... special" Jennifer paused. "Why are you putting so much pressure on yourself, Jen? It's just me," Colin wondered. "That's the problem, it's just you," Jennifer said not making any sense. "Jen, what's going on?" Colin could tell that something was bugging her. "I can't do this tonight," Jennifer said speaking her thought. "Do what?" Colin was very confused. "Can you just leave? Please, I just need some time alone," Jennifer begged. She didn't want Colin to see her like this. "Something is upsetting you. I don't want to leave you," Colin tried to rub her back, but Jennifer pulled away before he could touch her. "Please Colin..." Jennifer was in tears now. "What's going on Jen? Why did you want tonight to be perfect? Is because you are leaving the show?" Colin asked softly. "No, I haven't decided yet... I just," Jennifer did not what to tell him right now, but she saw no other choice. "Colin, I like you. I have for so long. I know that..." Before Jennifer could finish explaining Colin was already leaving her house.

I hope you liked the extra long chapter! Please vote and comment. What do you think is going to happen next?