Chapter 7

Helen was talking to Athena on the phone. It was Saturday night and Colin was probably at some party with Melissa. She was ranting to Athena about how Melissa and Colin do not belong with each other.

"Why don't you just go to the party?" Athena asked.

"Have you not been listening? I don't know what party they are going too. I don't even know if they are at a party!" Helen said harshly into the phone.

"Let me see. I might know someone who can help," Athena said and hung up the phone. Helen had no idea what Athena was doing. She had just hung up the phone. Helen decided to start her homework. She tried really hard to concentrate, but all her thoughts kept going back to Colin. Him and Melissa were probably hooking up right now. The thought of seeing them together disgusted her. After about 30 minuets Melissa called her back.

"What the heck why did you hang up on me?" Helen said angrily.

"I have good news for you!" Athena said happily.

"What is it?" Helen asked.

"I know where Colin is, and I think you should go to the party," Athena said.

"What party and why would I wanna go. I am not invited," Helen said.

"While I kinda just got you invited. This guy in Bio class who I always do his homework owes me a favour," Athena said.

"I can't go to a party, though," Helen said.

"Yes, you can. Go get your guy!" Athena said happily.

"I have nothing to wear," Helen said.

"Fine, come to my house and I can help you get ready," Athena said.

"Ok, but can you maybe come with me? You can be like my plus one," Helen joked.

"Fine," Athena said. She just wanted her best friend to be happy. She was tired of having to hear her complain about Colin's countless "girlfriends". She also thought that Helen and Colin did make a pretty good couple.

Helen told her parents that she as meeting Colin at a party. Her parents trusted Colin. Whenever Helen wanted to go anywhere by herself she just told her parents that Colin was going. They didn't know the other side of Colin. The side of him that would make them not trust him at all. Colin had gone through lot of girlfriends, and every time Helen was there and saw what happened. It was always like he got bored of being with the same girl. The longest relationship that he had been in was only around 1 month. What if Colin and her did get together. Would he just break her heart just like all of the other girls?

"You got this!" Athena said to Helen. They were walking up to the door of the house party. The party was crazy. There was loud music playing and people dancing everywhere. Lots of the kids were also drinking. Helen did not recognize any of the kids at the party.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Helen asked Athena.

"Yup, look over there," Athena pointed to where Colin and Melissa were sitting. Helen started to walk towards them, but there were a sea of people dancing. She struggled to walk towards them. After a while the people started to part and Helen was able to see the way again, but what she saw made her want to throw up. Colin and Melissa were making out on the sofa.

"Colin?" Helen yelled by accident. She quickly covered her mouth and made her way back to the front door. Once she got outside she texted Athena to find out where she was. Athena wasn't replying, and Helen really needed to get to of there.

"Helen?" Colin asked from behind her.

"Umm, Hi," Helen turned around.

"What are you doing here? This is not your kind of scene," Colin said.

"Your right I am just leaving now," Helen said.

"No wait," Colin took her hand. He could tell that Helen was lying to him, and he wanted to know why.

"I really have to get going," Helen said on the verge of tears.

"What's wrong?" Colin asked. He had no idea what was going on.

"I can't..." Helen said now in tears.

"You can't what? Are you hurt?" Colin asked defensively. He could not bare the thought of someone hurting her.

"I'm fine just let me go home," Helen said.

"How are you getting home?" He asked. Helen just wanted to get away, away from Colin. She couldn't handle it. He didn't like her. He was just a player. He would just break her heart. She might as well break her own heart right now because she felt like it would hurt less.

"Let me take you home," Colin said.

"Don't you have to get back to Melissa?" Helen said bitterly.

"So that's it?" Colin said finally understanding. Helen was mad that Colin did not tell her about him and Melissa.

"That's what?" Helen asked.

"Your mad that I didn't tell you about Melissa and me," Colin said.

"You are so stupid. Colin, I like you," Helen told him the truth.

Sorry for not updating reguarly. Hopefully, I will be able to write more soon. School had become quite busy. I hope you liked the chapter. Next chapter will have some Colin and Jennifer I promise.