Chapter 11

The entire school was talking about Colin and Helen. The once best friend duo were now dating. However, not much changed between Colin and Helen. Their lives dating and their lives as best friends were oddly similar, but that could all change since today they were going to tell their parents that they were dating. Their dads used to always joke around that one day Helen and Colin would get together and probably get married too, and their moms would just roll their eyes. How would their parents take it now that their dads joke was actually coming true? Colin and Helen were both scared that their parents wouldn't let them hang out as much. Sometimes Colin's parents let Helen stay over night at their house during summer break, but now that they were dating would they still allow it? So many questions circled around Colin and Helen's minds. Were they doing the right thing?

To their parents it was just another regular Friday night dinner. This time it was at Helen's house. Colin went over to her house after school. They were supposed to be doing homework, but both of their minds kept wondering on how they were going to tell their parents that they were dating. They currently had no plan and were just planning to wing it. They wanted to get it over with fast, but now that the time had finally come they were both so nervous that they realized that they should have a plan.
"Ok maybe we should decided on when during the night we should tell them," Helen suggested. Helen was lying on her bed and Colin was sitting on bean bag chair on the floor.
"How about after dinner?" Colin asked.
"But isn't it kinda late. We will have to wait the entire night not telling them and I don't know if we can both handle that," Helen stated.
"Then before dinner," Colin said.
"But what if they get mad at us and then we won't be able to eat," Helen thought of the worst thing that could happen.
"Do you really think they will get mad?" Colin said a bit more serious.
"I honestly have no idea," Helen sat up on the bed so that she could face Colin.
"Then we do it during dinner. Then at least we can see their compleat reactions because they won't leave the table," Colin finally had a good plan.
"That is actually really smart," Helen smiled and sat down on the bean bag chair with Colin. They shared a quick kiss before Helen's mom called them down for dinner.
"Here we go," Helen exhaled scared.
"It's ok. We can do this," Colin grabbed her hand and they walked towards the dining room. When they got closer they let go of each other and sat at the table waiting to break the news to their parents.

"How was school you guys?" Colin's mom asked Helen and Colin.
"Fine," they both said in unison.
"Did you guys learn anything interesting?" Helen's mom asked trying to start a convocation.
"Not really," Helen responded.
"You two are awfully quiet today," Colin's mom observed. Colin squeezed Helen's hand under the table signalling to her that it was time to tell them.
"We actually have something to tell you all," Helen announced.
"We are together," Colin said and put his arm around Helen.
                                   ~
Over the next few weeks Jennifer showed Taylor around Vancouver. She brought him to all of the tourist spots and to her favourite restaurants. Jennifer was having so much fun, she forgot about the thrill of dating someone. They were taking things slow and Jennifer was happy about that. Taylor stayed at Jennifer's house, but he slept on the sofa. They made out a lot, but they hadn't hooked up yet and Jennifer wasn't sure if she wanted to.

Jennifer and Taylor were having dinner at Jennifer's favourite place the Italian kitchen. Jennifer was eating a huge bowl of pasta and she was not ashamed one bit. When it came to Italian food she always cheated on her diet. Taylor was eating a flat bread pizza.
"This is delicious I now know why this is your favourite restaurant," Taylor smiled.
"I know right. I always come here with Colin" Jennifer replied.
"So you and Colin..." Taylor trailed off.
"Oh no we never dated. He has a wife and a kid," Jennifer replied back quickly.
"Ok, it's just that you two seem close," Taylor responded.
"Yeah we are best friends," Jennifer flashed a perfect smile.
"I think it's time to head home. I am stuffed I don't think I can eat any desert," Taylor laughed. Taylor paid for the dinner just like a perfect gentleman should.

When they got back to Jennifer's place she decided to give Taylor a good night kiss. "Night," Jennifer stepped closer to him and gently pressed her lips against hers. Taylor deepened the kiss and they sat down on the sofa. Taylor then started to kiss her on her chest and worked his way up back to her lips. Jennifer moaned, she hadn't been kissed like this for a while now. Taylor then gently pushed Jennifer onto her back. He tugged at the rim of her shirt wanting her to take it off. Was Jennifer ready for this? She thought that they were taking things slow. "Taylor?"
"Yes?" He replied.
"I can't," Jennifer sat up.
"I'm sorry," Jennifer got up from the sofa and grabbed her purse. She then left her house. She didn't know were she was going, but somehow she ended up on Colin's door step.

I hope you liked the chapter. Sorry for not updating in a while. I will try my best to update for regularly. Please vote and comment what your thoughts.