Chapter 6

Colin drove Jennifer to the airport because he needed to go to the mall afterwards to get a present for Helen.
"Have a good trip," Colin hugged her.
"Thanks and good luck with your special dinner with Helen. I am sure it will go perfectly," Jennifer smiled.
"I hope so. Also good luck to you too. I hope everything will go ok with Jesse," Colin smiled.
"Me too," Jennifer said. Colin handed Jennifer her bags.
"Thanks," Jennifer hugged him.
"Call me and tell me how it goes," Colin said.
"Ok," Jennifer smiled. She then walked into the sliding doors at the YVR airport.

When Colin got home he placed and lit vanilla candles all around the house. Helen always loved to have candles in the house, but she was always scared that Evan would knock them down. Evan was staying at the babysitter so that Helen and Colin could have a night by them selves. He even made Helen's favourite meal, which was Bangers and Mash. It is a traditional Irish meal and their parents used to always make it for them when they were young. Whenever Colin made it, it always transported him back to when he was young.

Colin set the table for two and cleaned up all of Evans toys that were lying on the living room floor.  He wanted this nigh to be perfect. Their life was always filled with chaos, they needed a break. Then he went back into the kitchen and poured two glasses of beer. When he was finished he sat at the table and waited for Helen to come home. Colin had sent her to the mall so that he could get ready. It was always hard for Helen when she came to Vancouver because she had no friends there. All of her friends were in Ireland. Her and Jennifer were friends, but they weren't super close. Colin wished that Helen and her were closer. He felt bad that she had no one to talk to. Suddenly, he heard a knock on the door.

Jennifer took deep breaths as she walked up to door of Jesse's apartment door. After a little while she finally decided to knock on the door. She wasn't going to come all that way just to chicken out.
"Hey," Jesse opened the door and smiled.
"Hey," Jennifer exhaled. Jesse then gestured for her to enter so she did. She had never been to his apartment in chicago, but she didn't bother to look around instead she kept her eyes locked on Jesse.
"I can't believe you came all this way," Jesse said.
"I just came to say that I now understand why we broke up," Jennifer said. Jesse looked confused.
"For so long I wondered what we could have done to save things. We always said that we would still be friends, but we never did get close again. Maybe we could have tried harder. " Jennifer stuttered she knew that she was on the verge of tears. Jesse Just stared at her not saying a word.
"I also wanted to give this back to you," Jennifer handed him the little back box that contained her engagement ring.
"You should keep it I gave it to you-" Jennifer interrupted him.
"Just take it," Jennifer said placing the box in his hand.
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Yea," Jennifer turned to leave.
"You came all this way. At least let me show you around the city," Jesse offered.
"Ok, but I have to be at the airport at 8," Jennifer said.
"We have lots of time don't worry," Jesse smiled.

When Colin opened the door Helen was standing in front of him.
"Hey," Colin kissed her on the cheek.
"Hey," Helen smiled.
"Do I smell Bangers and Mash?" Helen said excitedly.
"Yup, I had to make your favourite meal for our anniversary," Colin smirked. Helen had no idea that he had planned a special dinner for them. Helen smiled back,
"You remembered," she said.
"Of course I did," Colin said hurt that she didn't think that he would remember, but he let it slide as he wanted to have a perfect night with no arguing. They both sat down at the table and started to eat their meal.
"How was your day at the mall?" Colin asked Helen.
"It was okay. I didn't buy anything. I wish Athena was here to help me. I am such a bad shopper," Helen said. Athena was Helen's best friend back in Ireland. They met at university, so Colin didn't know her very well. Her and Helen always went out together, so Colin never saw her much. Helen and her Athena also hung out when Colin was in Ireland. Colin was always grateful that Someone was there to keep her company when he wasn't.
"Next time we go back go Ireland we should plan a dinner with her and her husband," Colin suggested.
"Sounds good," Helen agreed.

After dinner Colin decided that he was going to give Helen the present he had got her. It was a necklace that had a heart on it. It was from the same company that Emma's necklace came from. It was a local jeweller in Vancouver and the neat thing about the necklace was that each one had a symbol. The heart that Colin choose mean love/relationship. He thought that it was the perfect gift. Jennifer had felt bad that she didn't go shopping with Colin, so she instead gave him the idea about the necklace.

Colin handed Helen the necklace. It was in a back box.
"Wow this is so pretty. Thank you!" Helen kissed him passionately on the lips.
"Do you like it?" Colin asked her.
"I love it," She kissed him on the cheek.
"This whole night had been amazing. Thanks," Helen smiled.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter😝