Chapter 13

Helen was in Evan's bedroom when Jennifer arrived at her house. "Hey you made it!" She said when she saw Jennifer and gave her a hug. "While technically Colin never invited me, but yeah I'm here," she smiled. "Colin mentioned that you and Taylor are together," Helen hinted trying to get her to open up about their relationship. When Colin told her that Jennifer had a boyfriend Helen was somewhat relieved. Her and Colin always seemed so close. She couldn't help but get jealous sometimes. She  trusted Colin though. Even though things had been though for them for these past years she knew that Colin would never cheat on her. "Well, he is kinda the reason why I am here. I should actually get going. I need to talk to him," Jennifer said and started to walk to the door. "Your leaving already?" Colin grabbed onto her hand. Helen was watching and she felt  her stomach drop with jealously. "I need to talk to him," Jennifer said. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" Colin asked. He didn't want to see Jennifer hurt again. "I think... I am gonna break up with him," Jennifer told him, everything suddenly made sense. She still wasn't over Colin. She was still head over heels for him. She had the perfect guy waiting for her at home, but she wanted to be with the person that it was impossible to be with. Before Colin could say anything Jennifer opened the door and walked home.

As she expected Taylor was still at her house waiting for her. As soon as she opened the door he stood up from the sofa and walked over to her. "Are you ok? I have been worried about you," Taylor took her hand in his. "Taylor, I can't do this anymore," Jennifer confessed. "Can't do want?" He asked. "Us," Jennifer answered. "I don't understand. I thought things were good between us," Taylor was confused. Why was Jennifer breaking up with him? He thought that she was happy. "The truth is I have liked this guy for a really long time   and it's so unrealistic for so many reasons. I tried to get over him with you. I am so sorry. It was a stupid idea and I feel horrible," Jennifer admitted everything. "Now that you mentioned that I kinda jumped into this relationship to get over Stefani. We were together for so long and when she broke up with me I never really got closer," Taylor said. Both Taylor and Jennifer were not honest with themselves or each other until now. "I guess both of us are looking for something, but just not with each other," Jennifer said. "I really did have a good time with you," Taylor smiled and squeezed her hand. "Me too," Jennifer kissed him on the cheek.

Taylor was headed back to Chicago next week. Him and Jennifer still continued to hang out. Even though they weren't together anymore they were still good friends. "It's Colin right?" Taylor asked Jennifer out of the blue. "What?" Jennifer asked confused. "The guy you like," Taylor clarified. "Ya it is. How did you know?" Jennifer asked. "I can just sorta tell," Taylor laughed. "You two haven't even properly met," Jennifer remembered. "Yeah, but what other guy would it be? You two are best friends and spend so much time together," Taylor mentioned. "You are just forgetting one thing. He is married and has a kid," Jennifer reminded Taylor of why she couldn't be with him.  "Oh well...things change," Taylor said as hopeful as he could. "This is why I need to get over him!" Jennifer slammed her face into her hands. "And with time you will," Taylor rubbed her back. "Ok enough about my problem. How about you and Stefani?" Jennifer was tired of talking about Colin. "I don't know... I don't really think she wants to talk to me," Taylor frowned. "I don't believe that for one second," Jennifer laughed. "She is already in about her relationship," Taylor explained. "That doesn't mean anything. Just talk to her," Jennifer tried to give him some advice. "While maybe you should take your own advice and talk to Colin," Taylor counter suggested. "Haha very funny," Jennifer hit him on the arm. "Seriously have you ever considered confessing your crush?" Taylor asked. "Are you crazy?" Jennifer was shocked that he was serious about this. "I mean if you never ask you will never know," Taylor shrugged. "As if he would like me," Jennifer tried to remind Taylor about the reality of Colin liking her back. "I mean those kisses you two share are pretty steamy-" before he could finish the sentence Jennifer interrupted him. "It's called acting," she replied. "Whatever..." Taylor rolled his eyes. "While you and Miranda..." Jennifer raised an eyebrow. Monica played Stella on Chicago fire and her and Taylor's character were together once. "She is like a litter sister to me," Taylor laughed. "That is exactly how I should feel about Colin, but I like him," Jennifer wished that she could see Colin as a brother.

"Ready for your big day?" Ginny and Lana came into Jennifer's dressing room. She was changing into Emma's wedding dress. Everyone on set was congratulating her. "It's not a really my wedding," Jennifer laughed. "While you wish it was," Lana said. "What who told you?" Jennifer never told Lana about her crush on Colin. "Sorry," Ginny blushed. "Everyone kinda already knows," Lana explained. "It's that obvious?" Jennifer asked. Both Lana and Ginny nodded their heads. "Ok here we go," They all walked to the sound stage to film the wedding.

Hope you liked the chapter! I think I am gonna write a one shot about the San Francisco Con that is happening this weekend, so I might be a little late updating this story next week. Please vote and comment. Also please let me know if you guys would read the one shot.