Chapter 8

"Do you want to go shopping? There is this huge shopping mall that I can take you to," Jesse suggested. He knew that Jennifer always enjoyed shopping. When they went to Paris together Jesse had to coax Jennifer into going to the Eiffel Tower. He wanted to surprise her and propose to her, but all she wanted to do was go shopping. "I would love that," Jennifer smiled at Jesse. She was happy that he remembered how much she liked shopping.

    "So how is life in Vancouver?" Jesse asked Jennifer.

"It's different. I get to spend a lot of time along which is good," Jennifer told him.

"Yeah, that's kinda like here in Chicago. I don't know anyone except for the cast and the other cast member of the other Chicago shows," Jesse laughed.

"I haven't been to Vancouver since when I met you at the airport," Jesse said.

"Jesse I am sorry," Jennifer said.

"Sorry for what?" Jesse asked.

"I put so much pressure on you to be the perfect boyfriend, the perfect fiancé. Looking back on it I wanted the kind of love that is unrealistic. I never considered what love really is like. Love is a lot of work," Jesse laughed.

"We never did really have a plan," Jesse remembered.

"So, enough about our old relationship. Is there any girl in your life right now?" Jennifer asked.

"Sorta. How about you?" Jesse asked her back.

"Now I am intrigued who is the lucky girl?" Jennifer joked.

"Maya and I were thinking about moving in together," Maya was Jesse's girlfriend for 6 years now. After he break up with Louise Griffins he realized that he has always been dating actresses. He thought that he needed to try doing someone outside of his profession. Maya was a professional surfer. Maya and Jesse often went surfing in Australia.

"Well, that seems pretty serious. Why did you say sorta?" Jennifer questioned

"It's just I don't really know if I am happy with her anymore. It has been 6 years and we have both grown so much," Jesse said.

"I kinda get it, but you two are moving in together," Jennifer repeated.

"Taylor and Stefani broke up and I just feel like maybe Maya and I's relationship isn't going that great," Jesse explained.

"Wait Stefani?" Jennifer asked.

"Oh um, Lady Gaga. I usually call her Stefani," Jesse laughed.

"Do you love her?" Jennifer asked.

"Yeah I do," Jesse said.

"Then there is your answer," Jennifer smiled. She wanted Jesse to be happy. He deserved all the love that she could never give him.

    "You never did answer my question," Jesse said as he stuffed a hot dog in his mouth. They were sitting in the food court eating lunch. So far Jennifer had bought 3 dresses for conventions and 4 pairs of shoes.

"What question?" Jennifer didn't remember.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Jesse asked.

"No I don't, but I am kinda looking for one," Jennifer said.

"Well I happen to know a single guy who has just broken up with an international pop star," Jesse said.

"Taylor?" Jennifer asked.

"Yeah you two should meet, I bet you guys would get along," Jesse said.

"Sure, what do I have to loose," Jennifer laughed.

"Seriously?" Jesse asked.

"Yes," Jennifer smiled.

"I will get him to come here," Jesse said.

    The plan was for Jennifer, Jesse, and Taylor to have dinner together. Jesse would introduce them and they would go from there. Jennifer was a little nervous about meeting him. He had no idea what Jesse and Jennifer were planning. He was probably still sulking about his break up with Stefani. Also, how could Jennifer compete with a pop star? She was probably not even Taylor's type of girl. Jesse said that they had lots in common, but he could have been just saying that because he felt bad for her. She didn't want her ex's pity. She should just leave right now. He flight was at 8. They wouldn't even have that much time to talk.

"Umm Jen?" Jesse said interrupting her thoughts.

"Yes, hey," Jennifer said bringing herself back into reality.

"Taylor is here," Jesse pointed to the entrance of the restaurant.

"How do I look?" Jennifer asked him nervously.

"You look beautiful," Jesse beamed. Once he was with that gorgeous girl sitting across from him. The first girl that he had ever truly loved. He had never gotten close to that kind of love since.

"Thanks," Jennifer smiled.

    At first, the conversation was really awkward, but somehow Jesse managed to always keep them talking. Soon Jennifer and Taylor were ignoring Jesse and making their own convocation.

"So what brought you to Chicago?" Taylor asked Jennifer.

"Well I came to give my engagement ring back to Jesse," Jennifer said.

"Didn't you guys break up a long time ago?" Taylor asked.

"We did, but I kinda forgot I still had it, and well I wanted to kinda make things right with him. We never really talked about our break up," Jennifer explained. Taylor was really surprised that after all of these years Jennifer and Jesse had talked about their relationship that had happened years ago. The thought of talking to Stefani broke Taylor's, heart. He wanted to talk to be so badly. He never knew why she broke up with him. Also, she had moved in so quick. She was already with some agent guy, and she mailed back her ring. She didn't even attach a letter. The package only contained the box with the ring inside.

"Wow I can't believe you two fixed thing after so long," Taylor said still stunned.

"I just feel like all of my relationships have crumbled because I was just not ready. I just hadn't moved on properly," Jennifer explained.

"Seems like you have thought about Jesse a lot," Taylor winked.

"Oh no, I am not looking to get back together with him. I just... Well, I am kinda looking for a boyfriend. I haven't dated in a while and my friends are trying to set me up," Jennifer said.

"Oh my gosh it all makes sense. Jesse was trying to set us up," Taylor realized.

"Well, I am partly to blame because he asked me and I said that I would give it a shot," Jennifer confessed.

"Well, Jennifer Morrison you are very interesting women, and I am willing to give this a shot too. I feel like something here, why don't we ditch this guy and go grab coffee or something," Taylor suggested.

"I am actually leaving tonight," Jennifer checked her phone. It was already 6:30 and she needed to be at the airport soon.

"I actually should get going," Jennifer said. She wanted to see what else he and Taylor had in common, but everything was such bad timing.

"Can I suggest something crazy?" Taylor beamed.

"Sure," Jennifer was nervous about what he was gonna say.

"Why don't I come with you?" Taylor asked.

"To Vancouver?" Jennifer questioned.

"I have never been, and we could get to know each other more," Taylor said.

"Sure, if you really want to," Jennifer smiled.

"Yes this is what I want," Taylor said.

Hope you liked the chapter. What do you think about Jennifer and Taylor?