Chapter Two: My New Life

Once I stepped thru the door I stepped on lush green grass as far as the eye could see, it was reminiscent of the great steppe. The wind was gentle, blowing, causing the grass to dance back and forth. The pleasant smell of the air was fresh and left good flowing through my lung, showing a distinguishable lack of burning fossil fuel and pollution. The sun was high in the sky and the grass was still moist, assuming this world doesn't have sprinklers and this was actually dew it was still very early in the morning. I haven't been outside in years and now I was outside in a world I've always dreamed of, my heart quivered with excitement.

I couldn't contain it, I crouched, anyone watching would think I was in some type of pain. I sprung up from my stance and then,

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" I yelled my joy to the heavens above. I didn't care who heard me, I would apologize if need be, but I couldn't help myself.

I did stretches, I ran in place, jumping jacks, squats, and all sorts of other odd movements that bought tears of joy to my face.

I was excited about being in this world, but that only accounted for twenty-five percent of my happiness. The other seventy-five not everyone would understand.

If you've ever broken a bone then you might understand. There is a feeling of great joy you get as the doctor saws of your cast and you're able to use your hand or legs again for the first time in months. Or you can walk for the first time in months.

For me it's been years, I was confined to a hospital bed for years, and before that, it was strictly bed to chair to bathroom activity for me.

Feeling the strength in my arms and legs and feeling the wind on my skin bought joy to me that I never thought I would feel again. Before I could begin my journey I had to cry.

In my prior life, I cried so much I thought I ran out of tears. So to see so much water leave my eyes was also somewhat surprising.

I sat on the wet grass and hug my knees as I cried for ten, fifteen, twenty minutes. I wiped my tears and stood up as I thought I was done, but more formed and strolled down my cheeks.

It took me about thirty minutes to finish with my crying fit before I could finally begin my journey. My heart still didn't know whether to be eternally grateful to the gods for this opportunity or to hate them all for the suffering they put me through.

But none of that mattered now, now it was time to put one foot in front of the other and start my new life, set off on a new adventure.

There was no sign of any form of intelligent life within my line of sight, which due to my foresight skill was pretty far; I would say I could see anything within a mile clearly.

"So much for putting me near a city. Tasa can you point me in the right direction."

<< Request Received>>

Activating Map

A map of the area was suddenly displayed in my head. It was vivid and I felt as if I was reading a map laid out in front of me. I tried to reach out in front of me just to have my hand phase through.

"There's a small village about five miles east of me, but there is a large city fifteen miles west. That complicates thing a little. Tasa Recommendation"

<< Request Received>>

Answer: I recommend going to the small village prior as you have no form of identification or funds necessary to pay entrance to a large city.

"Good point, also can you please stop being so formal and systematic, it makes me feel a little weird."

<< Request Received>>