XXVI - Training

It has been five days since the altercation between Samuel and I, and I was tired

I only stopped training to eat lunch and then it was straight back to it. Lucas was at the house every morning at 4am, dragging my ass out of bed. He was just as determined for me to win as I was.

It was now 4:30 in the morning, and Lucas and I had just finished up eating breakfast. Pretty much all I've been eating these past few days was lean steak and eggs for breakfast, and chicken and brown rice for lunch and dinner. It was boring, I was so tired of eating the same thing every single day, but Lucas said it was good for me.

Lucas and I had also gotten really close over the last five days. He has been with me from the time I woke up to the time that he's practically dragging me back to my house and helping Deirdra put me in bed.

She had barely spoken to me. She was sleeping in the guest bedroom, and she wouldn't talk just to talk. She would make lunch and dinner and sit at the table and eat with me, but we didn't talk. She only came to the training center to bring me and Lucas lunch, then she left.

I understood why she was upset, but I honestly hadn't expected it to last this long.

Brittany had been at the house every day since signing the contract. She had basically moved in. The second guest room becoming her new home. She was keeping Deirdra company and trying to help her through this, which I would never be be able to thank her enough for.

She came downstairs right as Lucas and I were about to leave, and shook her head at me as she walked in the kitchen.

"You brought this on yourself, Raf. I don't blame her one bit for what she's doing. She's distant because she doesn't want to watch you train and then watch Samuel kill you."

I understood what she was saying, but it didn't make me feel any better.

"I know, Britt. Please just talk to her for me. Tell her how sorry I am and how much I love her."

"How about you tell me yourself."

My head snapped in her direction. She was standing at the bottom of the stairs with her arms crossed over her chest. Her eyes were puffy, letting me know she had been crying. She had been crying a lot. I hated that I did this to her. This was all my fault.

"Can we talk?"

I don't even know why she had to ask. Brittany and Lucas took this opportunity to leave the room, going out on the porch with their coffee.

"I'm sorry, Deirdra. I'm so sorry. If I could change it, if I could take it back, I would. But it's binding, I have to follow through with it."

"I know, Rafael, but it doesn't make me feel any better about the situation. I know that you were just acting on instinct, I know your wolf took over, but it doesn't make this any easier for me. I love you so fucking much. You took me in and made me fall in love with you when my life was falling apart, before I even knew I was your mate.