IV - There Was Nothing

**Mature Content at the end of this chapter**

The night was full of effortless laughs and easy flowing conversation. I never imagined being this comfortable around someone I had just met but here I was, and it felt amazing.

I could barely converse with people in my home town, whom I had basically known my whole life, as easily as I was talking to Rafael and Seal. The bar had closed several hours ago and it was now almost two in the morning. The drinks seemed endless and I was now "properly smashed," as Sealey put it.

"We should probably wrap this up and get going, Deirdra. I don't want to keep you out any later than I already have. I didn't realize how late it is." Raf said, almost guiltily.

"It's okay, Raf. I haven't had any fun like this in a long time. I must admit though, I think I'm going to miss you when I leave here."

My words were slurring and I had definitely lost my brain-to-mouth filter, so everything that came to mind was said.

"Yeah girlie, I agree. I think I'm going to miss you too. It has definitely been fun. But we have each other's numbers now, so we can keep in touch, right? I want to hear all about your adventures across the US!"

He sounded genuinely excited to hear from me about what I was going to be doing while I was traveling, so I quickly agreed and informed that I too, would love to keep up and definitely wanted to hear when and if he found that special someone he was on the hunt for.

After a quick hug, we said our goodbye's and parted ways.

It was dark and cold, I was admittedly lost and thinking maybe I should have asked Rafael or Sealey to walk me back to my hotel, considering I was unfamiliar with the city and didn't exactly feel safe walking around at night by myself. But I was a big girl, I would handle myself if the need arose.

What felt like days later, I finally arrived back at my hotel. I was more than excited to get to my room and pass out. I was beyond exhausted and in desperate need of some quality sleep before I was back out tomorrow doing some more exploring before I left.

There was a very nice young man at the door of the hotel that offered to help me upstairs when he noticed my drunken stumble, but I politely declined and made my way over to the elevator and pressed the button for the fourth floor.

Maybe it was just the alcohol, or maybe it was me being overly tired, but I swear it felt like the elevator flew to the fourth floor and before I knew it I was in front of the door of my hotel room, struggling to find the key in my purse.

I finally found it and unlocked the door, where I stepped inside and unceremoniously threw myself face first on the bed and within minutes I was out cold. And boy oh boy was I going to have a hangover from hell tomorrow.

It was late in the afternoon and I was getting ready for the birthday party my mother had been planning for me since I was born basically

It was late in the afternoon and I was getting ready for the birthday party my mother had been planning for me since I was born basically. Today is my twenty-first birthday, and tomorrow I am supposed to take over the role of Alpha of my pack. I was excited, no doubt. My wolf was pacing, annoying the hell out of me. It felt like something was off, but I knew better than to think so. The Night Fall pack was the only werewolf pack in North Carolina. We were located deep within the Blue Ridge Mountains and tried to stay away from the humans as much as possible.