21.

Grace's P.O.V

I left work right on three and hurriedly left before Roman could chase me again. I pulled in at the apartment complex and turned my car off.

I got out and pulled my jacket on and grabbed my purse and locked the car, walking inside the complex and waited at the elevator door.

Once I reached the floor I was after, I stepped out and unlocked the door, letting myself in. "I'm back!" I called out.

"Hold on, Gee." Dean yelled out. Shortly afterwards he came out, still with his business clothes on but unbuttoned.

I jumped on the sofa and groaned. Dean came in front of me. "What's up?" He asked as I watched him strip his shirt off and pull on a T-shirt.

I noticed the tattoo on his stomach and it made me smile. It was a couple years ago, I had a fake ID and we went to a tattoo shop. He had a snake tattooed on him where as I got something different. I had a small lotus tattoo on my shoulder blade.

It was then and there that I enjoyed the pain it gave me and when I turned eighteen, I got a small colourful silhouette of a bird on my foot and then again shortly afterwards, under my left breast. Just a word that said love.

I took a chance with my left thigh though, and got a lacy garter tattoo, only three months ago.

Dean lifted my legs and sat on the couch, placing my feet on his lap.

"What a crappy day." Dean sighed. "Oh man, I forgot my beer."

"You too, huh?" I got up and cracked open a beer and drunk out of it before giving it to Dean.

"Yeah. Boss riding me hard."

"You and me both." I muttered as I got comfortable.

"But I'm not married to my boss, Gee."

I groaned. "Please don't remind me. He had the balls to demand me to go home."

"Don't tell me, your temper flared." I heard the sarcastic tone in his voice as he removed my heels.

"No, well at first, yes, but I controlled it." I saw how Dean looked over at me. "Honestly, I did!" I laughed as I stole his beer.

"Why didn't you just get yourself one as well?" Dean growled as he took it off me.

"Nah. I just like to tease you." I poked my tongue out.

I heard the knock on the door.

"Oh that must be Sofie with the pizza." Dean said to me. "Come in Sof. It's open!"

I had my back to the door as Dean's massaging fingers stopped and he threw my feet off him. "What are you doing?" I joked with him. Sofie knows Dean and I are best friends and neither one of us would make a move on to one another. Why is he acting this way?

"Uh, Gracie, I think you should go home." Dean said in an awkward manner. I stared at him.

"What?" Then I noticed his body language. My body stiffened. This can't be good, Grace. I rolled my eyes as I looked behind me. But it wasn't Sofie. Why am I not surprised?

My heart just dropped as I scrunched my eyes shut. "How, no. I don't want to know." I sat up and picked up my shoes. "I'll call you later, Dean."

I snatched up my purse and jacket and stared daggers in to Roman. He looked pissed. Ha! Let him be angry.

We left Dean's apartment and I felt his grip on my arm.

"I thought I told you to come home."

"And I didn't listen." I retorted as I went to the elevators.

"You said you will obey."

I turned to him, my lips pursed. "I never said when."

The doors opened and in my anger I pushed several buttons as I open handed hit the pad.

I turned to Roman, my anger still flared up. "How the hell did you know where I was?"

Roman ignored me as he kept his eyes on the electronic screen, telling us each floor we passed. His grip tightened on my arm as I felt the discomfort.

"Are you going to answer me?" I waited several seconds, but no noise came from Roman's lips. "Well, Grace, you are my wife and I just happen to know where you are at all times. I don't want you running my name through the mud." I mimicked his voice as I angrily stared at the doors.

I moved my arm and tried to release myself from Roman's grip, but it was useless. "Let me go!" I snapped at him and tried again. "You're hurting me."

Roman's fingers loosened and I claimed my arm back, rubbing where his fingers were. But instead of keeping himself staring at the doors, he turned to me, making me back in to a corner, towering over me.

"Let's get one thing straight, doll." He snapped at me. "Until your father has paid that debt, you are to obey me. You will be staying at my place, you will not be going anywhere else. Since I can not trust you, you will be driven to and from work and you will be either at work or stuck by my side."

I stared at him, horrified that he has stripped me of all freedom. I heard the elevator open on a stop.

"No." I whispered at him.

"Yes."

"You can't do that!" I tried not to cry out, but I felt the lump in my throat, as the elevator continued down.

Roman came even closer, placing an arm next to me, leaning on the elevator wall.

"I can and I did princess. Don't push me."

I kept my stare on him. I was so angry with him.

"I want you to get in my car without a fuss when we step out."

I scoffed at him.

"I wouldn't try anything, Grace." Roman spat between his teeth.

The doors opened and Roman spun to next to me, once again gripping my arm.

We stepped out off the elevator and for his car.

How can I get out off his grip if I'm constantly next to him?