5.

Roman's P.O.V

I waited several minutes after the infamous Grace Griffin left my office before I called on my assistant, Katie.

Katie came rushing in shortly afterwards. "Yes, Mr Parker?"

"Show me how this social media works!" I snapped towards her.

I have to admit, Grace made a good pitch. If there was more advertisement that was free or much cheaper to me, I would prefer to take that path.

I moved out of Katie's way as she tapped at my laptop. This was a usual thing for her to do for me. I watched as she pulled up a website.

"What platform are you after?"

Uh....

"The one that seems to be making a steady trend is Instagram."

"Yeah, alright." I gruffed out.

After a few clicks on the mouse pad, she pulled it up. "I'm not going to create an account, we'll just browse." She said more to herself then to me. "Type up there who you are after and it will bring up their page, showing you all their photos that they post."

"Thank you."

Katie let me be and I was stumped again. I pulled up a fresh tab and typed in Instagram Grace Griffin.

It loaded up a link and I clicked that open.

itsgraciegriffin

Then I saw the pictures. I had the correct person. There were hundreds of them as I scrolled down. Photos of buildings, places, people, food, clothes and herself.

I scrolled back to the top. She had over four hundred thousand people following her. I looked at the top photo. It was only a couple days old by the time stamp.

It was photo of Grace and another woman, taller then Grace. The blurb said, I finally met this wonderful woman! One of the most amazing people I've met.

I read the comments, people commenting how good the photo was, people thanking her for 'shout outs' and just well wishers. And every time Grace answered them, she was overly positive in response.

I leaned back in my chair with my hands behind my head.

Maybe, just maybe she is the answer. My sales are slipping. I need something different and new.

Frank from marketing was correct. He pitched to me the other week to modernise the company, give it a fresh new look and outcome. Maybe I do need, new talent.

I called for Katie again on the phone. "Katie, get me marketing and finance here, but not Mr Griffin."

"Certainly, sir." She answered as I hung up. I sat behind my desk as I waited. It wasn't long before Frank from marketing and Lucius from finance knocked on my door.

"Good morning, Sir." They said.

I nodded in acknowledgement as they sat at the empty chairs.

"Frank, Lucius, tell me, if I wanted to open a new department in marketing, how much of a budget will I need?"

"That depends, on what sort of department?" Frank asked.

"Media."

"We have a media department in human resources. Why would you need me and not Felicity?"

"Because I thought about your idea of marketing something new." I said to Frank. "I had a rather interesting interview, and between her pitch and yours, I'm considering opening towards modernising this company."

"Are we talking about renovations?" Lucius asked.

"Virtual renovations." I corrected. "I want to take this company online besides a Web page."

"Are you considering social media, sir?" Frank asked.

I nodded. "I have some one in mind to control that."

"Social media is a cheaper option than paying for billboards and adverts on radio and television." Lucius confirmed to me.

"I want a new department, in marketing, that will represent this whole company."

It wasn't like they had a choice to turn me down.

Frank looked nervous about this. "The eighth floor is empty. I have no room on the tenth for another department."

"Why would I need a whole floor for this?" I asked him.

"Sir, social media is a huge platform. They will need office space, open space as well for a photography studio. I'm assuming small models will be coming and going as well."

He was correct. "Very well." I turned to Lucius. "Make the eighth floor presentable."

He nodded in return and I dismissed them. As soon as they closed my door, I rang through to Katie again.

"Katie, get me Mr Griffin." I ordered her.