Part 12

Things like this only happen to me.
That's when I need you.
Because you save me.
________________________________________________________________
You frantically made your way out of the apartment and sprinted to your car. You started the engine and drove as fast as you could to get there. Considering this was reckless to drive so fast you slowed down a bit. Initially you didn't want to but you know that if it is Aeri she is in the hands of a doctor and she's safe.

When you arrive the woman at the admissions office greeted you but you ignored. You ran right to the extensive care ward in the hospital and looked for her in every room. You were running all over the place and accidentally ran into someone. "Sorry" You said bowing. "Excuse me mam" The man said. "I'm officer Kim Dongwoo, do you happen to be Y/N?". "Oh my god, do you know where Aeri is!" You loudly exclaimed. "Follow me" He said. He took you there in a hurried pace and when you got inside the room you saw something horrible. Her body was frail and all the colour in her skin was gone. Little bits of glass were on a table beside her in what you assumed was a medical kit or something. Bandages were wrapped around her body and some liquid was being pumped in her body through a tube. This was too much. You tried to walk to her but your body went limp and fell on the floor. You put your had up to indicate you were fine. You realised you were being selfish, you want to be strong for her so you got up and made your way to her. Tears were unconsciously slipping down your face as you saw such a familiar sight. "A- Aeri" You croaked. Her body didn't move but you could've sworn her breath hitched when she heard you. "Aeri" You said again. For some reason it was the only thing you could muster. You held her hand and looked at her for who knows how long. She was just with you a day ago. You remember telling her to get a job, she must've been out looking for one. How come she didn't call you? You felt stupid for leaving her alone, for so long you two had been together and ever since Namjoon you haven't seen her as much. You don't blame Namjoon whatsoever, this is on you. You decided to prioritise boys over your best friend and practical sister. She needs you now however, so you decide to forget about that and be here for her now.

At about 2:00 in the morning the doctors reeled her away for an operation. And only half an hour in they care to see you. "Mam" a nurse addressed you. "Yes?" You say still shaking from what happened. "We are operating as of now but need to inform you. Your friend lost a lot of blood last night and we need to see if you have compatible blood for a donation" she says to you. "You want me to give her blood?" You ask. "Yes, if you match of course" she says. "We are postponing the operation for no longer that four hours to find a suitable match for Miss Choi" she says. "Well I'll do it, whatever it is I'll do it" you say. "Very well" she answers and whisks you away to take your blood. When she's done she says that in this downtime you should call any people of importance to Aeri, so that if your blood doesn't match we can have another donor. Your first instinct is to call your uncle and father. Despite having some bad blood with your father, he needs to be here for Aeri's sake. So you call them and inform them of everything, they are extremely worried and end up coming in record time.

You were waiting in the hallway with your head between your knees just praying on a miracle that she'll be okay. "God if you love me please answer my prayers. No way am I going through this a second time, you can't do that to me. Don't force uncle to lose everything, especially after father took Aeri's stupid stepmom. I will never forgive you if you take her from us, we don't dese-" you were saying until you were cut off by a yell. "Y/N!" Your uncle and father yelled. You stood up. Your Uncle ran and hugged you, "Thank god you're alright" he said kissing your cheek. You smiled weakly and looked at your father, you gave him this look which said 'not right now' and he just looked back with a look that said 'do this for your uncle'. You didn't know what he meant until he pulled you into his arms and hugged you. He whispered something only you could hear. "Don't tell him please, I'll explain everything but don't hurt him". "The truth always comes out" you said back and pulling yourself from his grip. "Where is she?" Uncle asked. "Still in the operating room, I'll take you to get your blood checked" you said and took them there. They all had their blood checked and about an hour later we got the results back. "Sadly none of you matched her blood" the nurse said. We were all shocked. "If you can't find a matching donor in an hour we will have no choice but to let her go" the nurse said brutally. She walked away and we all began to cry, You asked if your uncle and father knew anyone who could donate but they both said no, of course Ara that horrible stepmom wouldn't donate. The only people you knew were the boys. You didn't want to burden them at first but you believe they care for Aeri too so you called them. "Namjoon!" You say over the phone. "What is it Y/N/N, it's five in the morning" he said sleepily. "I know but I have to tell you" you said and explained everything. The last thing you heard from Namjoon before the call cut off was "we're coming".
________________________________________________________________