Part 6

Things with you are like a dream
You make me happy
This feeling can't be real.

________________________________________________________________

"Come to Europe?" You're rendered shocked by such an impulsive and surprising question it's almost unbelievable.
"Why not?, by what it sounds like I can tell you haven't left Korea. Maybe not even Chuncheon." He chuckles. 'I went to Hongcheon only a day ago' You think but push the thought away as you don't want to remind yourself of the horrible happenings.
"Just me and you?" you question further.
"No the boys will come too, just it sounds better with you" He answers as relief engulfs you. You would've thought the whole thing would be too crazy if the two of you went alone together. 'After all we're just friends' you convince yourself.
"Jungkook said he wants you to come, he said he was too shy when you two first met and figures it'll be easier to talk to you if we're on a trip together" he continues noticing that you didn't answer.
"Well isn't a bit much?" You ask him because you're worried about what will happen.
"What's the worst that can happen?" He questions.
"When do you plan to go?" You ask. "So I can prepare".
"Well I know this is short notice but... next month!" He shouts through the phone.
You let out a sigh and think long and hard. Namjoon noticing this little detail too. "What is it?, do you not want to come?" Namjoon asks.
"No it's not that!" You half whisper and half shout. "I just - do you think I can get a passport in that time?" You say to him.
"Do you not have a passport?" He asks you and you can vaguely hear the voice of Suga say 'she doesn't have a passport?'. It makes you shy but you make sure to answer back.
"I've never gotten around to it, I've had everything I needed here in Chuncheon" you tell him.
"Well we can get you one if you'd like?" He tells you. You can hear the hopefulness in his voice.
"I don't know how you'll get it in time" you reply doubtful.
"Don't worry leave that to me" he says to you. "I have my ways".

The phone call ends with a frantic voice telling Namjoon that fans are waiting for him. It seems odd to you at first but overlook it because you figure you must've misheard. Plus you're more excited about going to Europe to think about anything else. This seems like something you can tell your mum so you sit on your bed and quickly jot down words. When you're finished writing you realise that you have your best friend just across the hall from you whom doesn't even know what's happening. It seems selfish not to tell her but you're worried that she'll be angry since she wasn't invited so you decide against telling her. For now anyway.

You step out of the kitchen into the dining room and forget about cooking food and just grab an apple to eat. 'Aeri wont mind' you think before you look at the time and realise that you're late. It's 9:53 and you start work at 10:00. Aeri would've already left and not told you. Or maybe she did but you were too busy talking to Namjoon to notice. Either way you make a mental not to apologise to her if you did indeed ignore her. Maniacally pulling all your stuff together in your bag you jump up and run out the door. Grab your keys from your jacket pocket and head to work. It's now 9:56 and you have to travel 10 minutes to get to work. You know you'll be late so you prepare yourself for the wrath of your evil boss.

Arriving six minutes late for work seems acceptable enough but for your boss Ahn Hye-jin or Hwasa (as she prefers it) she would never tolerate such behaviour. She comes out of her office with a stern look on her face and you can tell she is furious. She is beautiful. She has short wavy red hair and a slim waist and very round hips. She's every mans dream. But don't be fooled by her exterior, she is an extreme B-I-T-C-H. No matter who you are, she will put you in your place. She stands for a moment and then looks directly at you and proceeds to walk in your direction. You know you're in for trouble.

"Ah Y/N, nice for you to finally show up" she says. The fakest smile adorning her face.
Although you're older then her by just a year she has everyone call her Miss Hwasa. 'Ugh she's so full of herself' you think while still trying to maintain a poker face.
"Miss Hwasa" you state. You've only just noticed a figure standing behind her. Her features so unmistakable.
"I've been waiting for you" Hwasa states. Removing you attention from the person behind her.
"Sorry" you sat with a bow.
"No time for apologies" she says waving her hand around mid air. "I would like you to meet IU". She finishes her sentence by pointing to the woman behind her.
"Hello" you say standing and bowing low to her.
"I wanted you to show her your samples you prepared for her" Hwasa says. And it surprises you as it was not what you expected. It was a relief as you weren't ready to be scolded in front of the one and only IU. So you smile and escort IU into your office with her guards tailing along behind her.

You've now left Hwasa and brought IU into your office. Since you're a DJ and producer IU is here to finish the melody for her new single. You're usually used to being around idols but you've never been with someone as important as IU. She's a veteran in the Korean music industry. It leaves you flustered as you've loved her ever since her debut in 2008. You thought about the times just before the accident when you and your mom would listen to her. You miss her so much.

You concoct beats after beats until you've found the right one it takes almost a day and when you're finished you send it over to Hwasa who will bring it to IU's manager who will finish the melody and add the final touches. It's really gratifying working for Musicians and finishing tracks, it gives you a sense of importantance and helps feed your passion for music. The day ends with you packing up and heading down to Hwasa's office. She's always working late and you look at the time 11:37 pm. "Miss Hwasa, I'm heading off now." You say to her.
"Good bye" she says smiling. "Oh and good work today, despite being late I'm very pleased with how you worked with IU today". This makes you smile, she may be a brat but what she said felt truly genuine. "Also before you leave, I wanted to give you this" she says handing you a folder. It's front page says 방탄소년단. "This is a very special group that you're overseeing for their new album. I want you to be prepared" she states.
"Okay I'll read through it tonight" You say lying as you know that once you get home you're going to collapse on your bed and sleep. 'I'll check it in the morning' you think. "see you tomorrow" you wave before leaving the building.
방탄소년단 you read heading out of the building.

"Bangtan Sonyeondan?" You think aloud. "Huh, never heard of them".

________________________________________________________________

방탄소년단 - for those of you who don't know, this is Hangul for BTS or Bangtan Sonyeondan.