21. Planning, catch the Hodag!

Ren, Adalhard and Brosé sit together in a small room discussing what they will do about the Hodag. 'I see. So, the demonic creature is an Hodag. I've heard stories from far, but never actually seen one here. What will you do about this Hodag young one?' Adalhard asks of Ren. Kyle's mouth corners twitches as Adalhard called Ren "young one".

'I want to trap it. Hodags appearances are unusual in Karmieneu. I want to know how it got here and if there is a third party involved, but for most why.' He answers.

Brosé nods agreeing with Ren's idea. 'But how are you going to do that, Ren?' He asks.

'Don't worry about that, leave it to me and my team. We take on the Hodag. Maybe some of the villagers can help us preparing the things that we need. We need to dig a hole in the ground, deep enough for the Hodag to fit in. And after that we trap it in a net. Do you have some metal wire ropes we can knot into a net?'

Adalhard shakes his head. 'We do have metal wire rope, but not enough to make a net with the needed size to capture an Hodag.' He answers. Ren sighs troubled and thinks.

'Okay, I can go back to the base camp where some of my colleagues are staying, monitoring the surroundings and keeping the Hodag in the forest. I can ask them if they could bring us some ropes if you don't mind letting in some more strangers, village chief.' He jokingly says with a grin. Adalhard snorts.

'Fine with me, everything to keep this village safe. That means the plan has been made. You and your team will take on the Hodag and we will prepare the needed materials.' Adalhard sums up. Ren nods.

'That's right, let's begin the preparations.'

Kyle, together with skilled hunters of the village, quietly recon the forest, searching for clues leading to the whereabouts of the Hodag and its nest. He jumps from tree to tree while looking out for danger that may approach the hunters beneath him on the ground. He stops on an old tree branch and gestured the hunters to stop too. He jumps down walking to another tree across the one he was just in. A big claw mark, twice as big as his hands, was carved on the trunk of the tree. 'Seems like it went North-West. Alright, we keep going some 500 m and then return to the village.' He tells the hunters and continues.

Shun saddles the horse preparing to return to the camp of the Border agents. 'Where are you going Shun?' He suddenly hears behind him. he turns around seeing a curious Michelle and Felicie standing with baskets filled with groceries. 'I'm going back to the camp. Ren needs some strong, thick wire ropes to make a net. I just wanted to leave.'

'Oh, I see. But aren't you busy setting traps and making safehouses for the villagers?' Michelle asks. Shun sighs as he nods.

'Yeah, but without the materials we need, we won't be able to make the net to capture the Hodag, so this comes first.' He explains. Michelle look at Felicie and got an idea. She walks over to Shun.

'If you're so busy, why won't Felicie and I go?' She suggests. Shun looks at her. 'You and Felicie? I don't know if that is a good idea Michelle. Even by horse, it is pretty far. And you don't really know where the open field is right?' Shun replies. Michelle thugs at Felicie's sleeve.

'I don't but Felicie might, right Felicie?' She says and turns to look at Felicie.

'W-well, if you mean the Field of Nymphs close to the Vieldcee lake, yes I know where it is.' Felicia answers. Michelle turns to Shun with a smile on her face. 'See, we can go in your place.' She says with a smile and takes the reigns of the horse from his hands. Shun sighs.