5. Hurry, hurry get the groceries

Ren stares out of the window. After a minute or 5, he looks at the blackboard to see what the biology teacher has written.

A plant needs leaves to make their own food. They make food through photosynthesis. To make photosynthesis they need inorganic substances like water, sunlight and carbon dioxide. With those substance and the photosynthesis, they make glucose and oxygen. Glucose is what they use to feed themselves and they breath the oxygen out because they don't need that.

Ren takes his pen and copied the note. Dang, it's so boring. Ren thinks. The bell rings. The school day is over, and students are walking to their lockers to pack their stuff. Some are staying in the canteen or in classrooms for school work or going to their club activities. Ren also packs his stuff and walks out of the classroom. 'Ren, wait a minute.' He hears. He turns around and Michelle came running. They had separated class for the last two hours. Ren had English and biology and Michelle history and home economics.

'Hey Michelle.' He greets her. Michelle slows her steps. 'Alright, let's go.' Ren says, and they wander off to the lockers. Michelle looks around.

'Hey Ren, aren't Shun and Kyle walking with us together today?' She asks. Ren shrugs his shoulders.

'Don't know. Maybe they finished earlier and went home already.' He answers.

      They walk out of the school gate, busy talking about the homework. When they reached the bus station, Ren remembers something. 'Oh shit!' He suddenly shouts.

'W-what's wrong Ren?' Michelle asks.

'I forgot something at school, I need to go back.' He says. He wants to turn around but suddenly his phone rings. Ren picks up. 'Hello?' He answers.

'Hey Ren.' Sounds it through the phone.

'What's up Nate.'

'Listen, I'm at work now so I can't leave, but we don't have meat and potatoes for tonight's dinner. You have to buy it at the shopping mall, ok? Thanks Ren.'

'Wha-what but I have t-.'

      But before he could finish his sentence Nate already hung up. Ren sighs and puts his phone away. 'Damn it. I need to pick up my homework at school and I need to go to the mall to buy some groceries. I can't do them both.' And he scratches his head to think of a solution.

Michelle hesitates but clenches her hand. 'I-if you don't mind, I can do the groceries for you.' She says shy.

'Huh?' Says Ren and looks at her.

'Well, you're the one who knows where you left your homework, and if you text me what you need to buy, I can go buy it. We have to take the same bus home anyways, so I'll just wait at the bus stop at the city centre to get on the same bus as yours. I'll give you your groceries then and you can pay me back.' She suggests. Ren thinks about it. 

'Oh well. That's fine with me. Thanks Michelle. I'm off.' After he texted the things that she needed to buy, Ren runs back to school while waving at Michelle. Michelle waves back at him while blushing and boards the bus.