13. Our first call for a mission

Walking side by side, they look around the shops. While walking Michelle points a finger at him. 'So, as punishment we're going shopping andyou have to hold my shopping bags for me.' She says with a childish smile. Ren sighs but accepts it and nods. 'Fine, that will be the compensation for breaking the promise, okay?' Michelle nods with a satisfied smile.

      After shopping and visiting all kinds of shops for the rest of the evening, Ren was completely tired. 'Haaa damn, even though I'm not human, doing these kinds of things is still just simply too tiring.' He says looking almost half dead (probably because he is a half-dead). Michelle giggles.

'Than why don't we go eat. Let's go to a snack bar. I would really like some frites and milkshakes.' She suggests with a bright smile.

      They ordered some drinks and a burger with frites and sat down at a table next to the window. Ren takes out his phone searching the internet while Michelle checks her shopping bags. 'Hmmm, I spent more money than last time. Maybe I have to cut a bit of my budget for clothes next time.' She says. 'Interesting.' Ren mumbles. Michelle looks at him.

'Haha, really? Is it really that interesting?' She asks. Ren looks up from his phone.

'What? Oh, no, I didn't mean the clothes. But this article about an incident that happened at an old monastery in Karmieneu.' And he passes his phone to Michelle. She takes it and reads the article.

'Last night, the old monastery Kleustervle on the Framberkberg Mountain in Karmieneuhas been found destroyed at 06:37 a.m. When a group of tourists hiked on the mountain, they found it by accident. The monastery has been completely wracked overnight. Except for a small part of the backside of the monastery. There also seem to be a huge gap in the floor of the monastery where the gigantic basement of the monastery was supposed to be. Seeing as how the gap could have been created, the Karmieneupolice suggest that something in the basement exploded. Lucky there were no wounded people as it was vacant for a long time.'

She looks back at Ren but sees that he's deep in thoughts resting his chin in his hand. 'Is it really that interesting Ren?' She asks him. He answered, still a little bit in his thoughts.

'It's not that the whole incident bothers me, but the part that there is a big gap in the floor where the basement is located beneath.' He says.

'The gap above the basement?' She asks curiously. Ren nods.

'Karmieneu is also a country where many rumours and legends exist about mythical creatures like dragons but also witches and such. And for a monastery as old as the Kleustervle, who knows what kind of creature may have been sealed in the basement for so long. It was built in the 13th century. The destruction of the monastery can mean that it was just a gas explosion, but it can also mean that something could have broken out.' He explains. Michelle shivers. Ren's phone suddenly rings, and Michelle almost dropped it. 'W-wow, that scared me. Here Ren, looks like it's Nate.' And she hands the phone back to him. Ren answers the call.

'Hello?' He answers, and Nate responds, almost screaming in Ren's ear.

'Ren where are you!'' Ren holds the phone with a little more distance from his ear.

'I'm with Michelle at the shopping centre at the YummyTummy, why? Something up?' He asks.

'Yeah, there's definitely something up. We just received Borders satellite information from the MUC branch and it doesn't look good in Karmieneu.'

'Alright, just wait a little. I'll be there as soon as I can.' And with that Ren ends the phone call. He puts his phone away and stands up. Michelle also get up. 'What's wrong Ren?' She asks.

'Seems like we've got an emergency call. Sorry Michelle, but I've got to go.' Michelle shakes her head.

'No way you're going without me. I'm going too.' She says with determination. 'You sure?' Ren asks. Michelle nods.

'Yes, if I want to stay by your side, I have to get used to the things you do and learn more about... your world and such things.' She answers. Ren sighs and smiles.

'Alright, let's go.' He takes his coat from the chair, turns around and walks out of the cafe with an enthusiast Michelle behind him.