12. Nonchalant dream of the past

~ Back in Valiance, the following morning ~

'Ren, Ren.' He hears someone calling but couldn't see who. 'Ren, open your eyes dummy. you can't sleep, forever can you?'

       Ren opens his eyes and sees a wide field of flowers and grass. he looks right of him and sees a farm. On his left is a road of sand and on the other side is a field where grapes are being cultivated. A hand cares along his face and he look up. He sees a tree and under it the head of a girl in a white pink coloured dress and auburn hair. But he couldn't see her face. Something like a grey shadow covered it and it makes it blurry to see clear. He feels her legs under his head. 'Did you have a nightmare again, Ren?' She asks. Ren didn't say anything and only nods.

I feel so tired. He thinks, and he feels that his eyelids are starting to feel heavy. The girl bows her head to his and kissed him on his for head.

'Don't worry, I'll always be here with you.' She whispers in an echoing voice, and Ren somehow know she smiles. Ren opens his mouth and a quiet: 'Who?' came out. His eyes slowly close. The girl giggles.

'I'll always be with you and we can play and play, without worrying about anything. So, I'll be waiting until you wake up again, Ren.' She whispers close to his ears as his eyes close. Just before they completely close, he could see the red orange colours of flames engulfing the land, grapes and farm around them. Ren's consciousness slowly drifts away as he slowly falls asleep again. Who?

A sudden pain explodes on his chest and Ren wake up with a start and shock. He looks on his chest and sees a schoolbag on it. He looks beside him and sees Michelle standing next to him with an angry face and pouting.

'Geez Ren. I told you yesterday that you absolutely had to come to school today!' She scolds him as she taps impatiently with her foot on the floor. Ren looks at her with a confused look.

'Why are you pouting? I can go now too, right?' He answers. Michelle sighs. 'Ren look at the clock. It's already 15:30 pm you know.' She says, and Ren looks at the wall clock that hangs above the door of his room. Oh crap. He thinks and laughs awkwardly at Michelle. She sighs again and pulls Ren out of bed.

'Come on. You have to at least get out of your bed today. Let's go to the city. As punishment for breaking your promise of today, we're going shopping.' She says, and they go downstairs where Xirol sees them off.