Chapter 7: Detention Is For Losers

Mulai dari awal

"Hey babe." I heard her voice, and I immediately grinned with delight. Her spirit always seemed to make me happier.

"Are you having fun?" I asked her, and she put her arms on my shoulders, and hugged me tightly.

"I'll have even more fun if we can take the party upstairs to your bedroom." She kissed my neck.

"Not now, Shelby. But when everyone leaves, I'm all yours."

"Fine." She said, and I could swear I could see her roll her eyes. But I didn't think twice about it.

Jace and Ryan were playing volleyball in the pool, while I spotted Ollie playing cup pong inside with our ping pong table. Cole's face was in a trash can, and everything seemed good. I spotted Shelby walking inside, probably to get another drink.

"Dude, this parties the shit." I heard a voice behind me.

"Drew, you made it." That's was we used to call him at the time.

"You bet your ass I made it. Why did you think I wouldn't come?" He patted me on the back.

"Because you literally called me and said you weren't coming." We both laughed.

"Yeah, sorry. There was a change of plans." He told me, before he took off his shirt and jumped in the pool, splashing people nearby. Jace tackled him for splashing him, and soon enough, everyone was piling on each other.

Time had passed, and everyone was starting to leave, slowly. And I couldn't find Shelby anywhere. I had gotten her her favorite drink: Strawberry Margarita, in a glass not a can, and I was looking to give it to her. Eli approached me rapidly, and yanked on my shirt almost making me fall.

"Dude, what was that for?" I shouted at him. The drink had almost spilled on one of my good shirts.

"Because...because...oh, you know." He stuttered and I questioned it.

"We haven't had time to talk."

"Eli, we literally had a conversation 10 minutes ago." I told him and he smiled.

"Well, it feels like forever. Why don't you just tell me how life is? How your friend in Maine is? Weren't you texting her earlier?"

"Yeah, that was her. But I'm looking for my girlfriend." I told him before ascending up the stairs and walking down the hallway.

"No!" I could hear Eli say, and I immediately put it past me. Maybe he tripped and fell or something, I don't know. I was stupid at the time as you could tell.

I opened the door to my room, which didn't have a lock on it anyway, ever since my mother caught me kissing my crush in 6th grade.

And there it was.

Shelby on top of Andrew, kissing him. In my fucking bed. Both naked and sweating.

"What the shit?" I said, dropping the can I had in my hand, and I felt it spill on my shoes.

She quickly got up from him, covering herself with one of my blankets. "This isn't what you think."

"Get the hell out of my house." I spat and tears formed at brim of her eyes.

She grabbed her clothes, which were situated at my feet and ran out of the hallway. She slammed the door of one of the bathrooms, most likely to get changed. Or cry. I didn't care either way.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Do you ever control yourself?" I threw my hands up in anger.

"Dude, she just came onto me. It's not my fault."