10. Leave

- Taehyung -

AFTER escaping from annoying guests, I was finally near to the room where she was getting ready. I knocked on the door and looked around, checking if anyone was watching me.

The door opened and I looked around again, and after making sure no one saw me going there, I walked in. "Where's she?" I asked the woman.

"There." She pointed at the attached room. "Will you leave us alone for some time?" I asked her and she walked out.

After she left, I locked the door and walked to where she was, "Taehyung." Aejung turned around as soon as she saw me in the mirror.

"How do I look?" she asked, looking at her own dress.

I couldn't deny the fact, she was looking gorgeous in the wedding dress. "Gorgeous." I complimented her and a shy smile formed across her face.

"How's the baby doing?" I walked to her and placed my hand on her tummy.

"My tummy still isn't growing." She pouted, making me chuckle. "It will grow in a few weeks," I said and she suddenly hugged me.

She looked up, "What are you doing here? Did they let you come in?" she asked. "I sneaked in because I wanted to talk to you," I said and broke the hug.

"What is it?" she asked curiously.

Her expression suddenly changed after hearing my words. "Before we get married, I wanted to clear everything between us." I started and sighed.

"What?" she asked in confusion.

"We both know that I love her and no one can ever replace her place in my heart. I never talked to you about this because I didn't want to risk you and the child, but today I wanted to clear everything. I won't cancel this marriage but don't expect anything from me after marriage. I'm marrying you only for the child," I said it all and she silently stood there listening to my words.

There was a long silence, "What if I'll cancel this marriage and let you be with her? Will you take the responsibility at least as a father?" she asked with a straight face and a hint of positiveness made a slight smile form on my face.

"I will do everything that a father should do," I said and waited for her to speak more.

"That's good to hear- but what about me?" she asked, holding back her tears so that her makeup wouldn't get ruined.

I sighed, "I'll wait for you to walk down the aisle." I gave her a forced smile and walked out of the room. I walked to the venue and met the guests.

Two familiar figures walked inside the hall, linking their arms together, Jimin and Minhee.

"You guys are here." I hugged my best friend and avoided any kind of contact with her.

"You are looking so good, Taehyung." She complimented me and I nervously thanked her.

- Minhee -

The bride walked down the aisle with her father, linking their arms together and the groom was waiting for her. His eyes weren't on his bride, but roaming around the crowd and searching for someone.

His gaze stopped when he found me and remained fixed on me. The bride reached to him and that was when his gaze shifted towards her.

"She is looking gorgeous," I said to the person beside me, "Yeah." Jimin nervously nodded.

The priest started speaking while his eyes were on me, I just avoided him and looked at the beautiful bride, whose gaze was shifting from him to me in every few seconds.

"Do you take Choi Aejung as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" the priest asked and he looked at me before speaking.

"I do," he said and a bitter smile formed across my face.

"Do you take Kim Taehyung as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" the priest asked the bride and she became silent. Everyone waited for her to speak, but she was looking at me.

"I don't," she said, leaving everyone in shock and the crowd started making noises.

"I'm sorry, Taehyung," she said as her father walked to her and whispered her something.

She shook her head and turned to the groom for the last time, "I'm ready to be a single mother." She walked out of the place, leaving everyone there hanging.

The place slowly started getting less crowdy, as the people started walking out until only three people were left there, the groom, his best friend and I.

Taehyung walked through the aisle as I turned around and was about leave when he grabbed my hand, stopping me.

He walked ahead and stood in front of me before kneeling down.

"I'm sorry for everything," he said, hanging his head low.

He looked at me with eyes full of tears. "I don't want to let go of this moment and cry later. Please don't leave and give me a second chance," he said.

"What about her and your child?" I asked and he sighed, "it was her decision," he said, hanging his head low.

I stepped back. "I'm sorry, my flight is in an hour," I said and turned to Jimin.

"Please send me to the airport," I asked him and he hesitantly nodded.

Both of us walked towards the exit when Taehyung ran to us and grabbed my hand.

"I'm sorry for everything I did but if you really want to leave, I won't stop you. Yes, I did hurt you but I was also hurting," he said those words and let go my hand from his grip.

"I love you," he said and his footsteps slowly faded, but I didn't dare to turn around.

"Let's go," Jimin said and walked ahead, but my legs froze there.

Will I be happy after leaving him like this?

Without wasting a second, I turned back and called him, "Taehyung." He immediately turned around.

"I love you too," I said in a really low voice and I thought he didn't hear me, but he did since a wide smile formed across his face.

He walked to me, wiping his messy face and hugged me, making me stumble. Soon he broke the hug and kissed my left cheek and wiped a tear that rolled down my right cheek with his thumb.

"Taehyung," I called him out again and he looked at me.

"Yes?" he asked.

Tears were streaming down his cheeks, but there was a smile on his face, meaning, those were happy tears.

"I'M OUT," Jimin said and walked to the exit.

"I missed you."

•••