8. Forget

- Minhee -

WITH my eyes closed, I tried my best to sleep, but I couldn't, my head was still aching because of too much drinking yesterday.

My phone started buzzing and I sighed before answering the call, "What?" I spoke, only to get shouted by my boss.

"WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU COME TO OFFICE TODAY?" he shouted as I pulled the phone away from my ear, but him shouting was still audible.

"I'm sick," I lied, expecting him to at least stop shouting.

"Bring me the hard disk tomorrow," he said and hung up the call, I sighed.

Again, I tried to sleep, but as expected, I couldn't. So I gave up and walked to the bathroom.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I sighed. Puffy eyes with dark circles below them, my face was a mess.

"Stop thinking about him." I splashed cool water on my face, before walking out and searched for the hard disk.

Even after searching for hours, I couldn't find it. I did shove it inside the suitcase yesterday, but where did it go?

I kicked the suitcase and grabbed my hair in frustration.

My head was still aching like hell, "Minhee." Hyejin walked in. "Shall I make something for you to eat?" she asked.

"Leave me alone," I said without looking back and continued searching it in the same suitcase again.

"You haven't eaten anything since yesterday-" I cut her off by shouting. "I HAVE NO APPETITE."

I grabbed my hair in frustration again, "O-Okay." she left the room.

Again, I broke down in tears, his words from yesterday started repeating inside my head.

"Did I leave the hard disk in that house?" I asked myself, smiling bitterly.

Soon enough, I was already walking through the sidewalks, way back to that home. I mumbled to myself, "I'll just grab the hard disk and leave."

Hanging my head low, I tried to hide my face and dry tears.

I reached there and stood in front of the door, hesitating to ring the doorbell.

After hesitating for a long time, I finally pressed the bell and waited for a few minutes until Taehyung opened the door.

"M-"

"I left my hard disk here," I said, avoiding his eyes and walked past him, to our room.

The room was different from how it used to be before I left. Ignoring the changes, I pulled the drawer and grabbed the hard disk.

The bathroom door opened, revealing an unfamiliar person. She looked behind me and I turned around, only to find him right behind me.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, making me scoff.

"So it's you" I walked towards her and examined her from head to toe. "It's her" I turned to him and forced a smirk.

Suddenly, something triggered inside me, and without even thinking about the consequences, I grabbed her neck and strangled her. Taehyung immediately ran to us and tried to pull me away from his girl, but I didn't intend to leave her neck.