1. Friend

- Taehyung -

WE were best friends since elementary school and I always share everything with him, so here I was in front of his door crying after what I did.

I rang the doorbell and patiently waited for Jimin to open the door.

After a while, the door opened revealing a sleepy Jimin who was busy rubbing his eyes.

"Why did you leave early yesterday?" he asked with his husky morning voice.

What would I say to him? That I fucked another girl in a drunk state?

So I chose to stay silent and walked in, ignoring his question. "What are you doing here early in the morning? Don't you have work to today?" he asked but I was silent.

He sighed, "I'll make coffee for us." He walked to the kitchen and I sat there, hanging my head low.

After a few minutes, he walked with two cups of coffee and handed me one. "My head is still aching because of drinking too much yesterday," he said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"And-" he paused when he noticed me, I was already in tears. His eyes turned soft and spoke, "Taehyung?"

I looked up with teary eyes.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" His words made me cry even more.

He tried asking a few more times, but I cried more, so he groaned in frustration and walked to me before grabbing my collar.

"WHY ARE YOU CRYING?" he shouted as he shook me, holding my collar. He paused and leaned closer, narrowing his eyes followed by a smirk.

"Minhee marked you really dark," he said, poking near my collarbones. I touched the part where he poked as sweat started dripping down my temple.

How didn't I notice it earlier? Did Minhee notice it? I guess the shirt I wore hid it.

"It's not her," I said as more tears rolled down my cheeks.

"What? Not her? Then who?" he asked in a bit loud voice with widened eyes.

"I slept with someone else," I said and his response was as expected.

"WHAT?" he shouted at me. "Who? Why? How?" He started throwing questions at me.

"Yesterday after party when I was drunk, with a girl from our high school," I said, biting my lips and continued sobbing.

Again, Jimin started throwing questions, "Who's that girl? What's her name? Do I know her?" but ended up sighing.

"Wait- first of all, go and wash your face." Jimin pulled me from the floor and pushed me towards the bathroom.

I walked to the bathroom and splashed my face with cool water. I slightly removed my collar and saw a dark purple bruise near my collarbones as I sighed and buttoned my shirt, hiding it.

Jimin was waiting for me on the couch when I walked out. I walked to him and sat beside him.

"Now tell me everything," he said and there was a long silence before I started.

"You remember Aejung?" I asked him but he shook his head. "Who is Eijung?" he asked, making me chuckle a little.

"She was once our classmate in high school." I started and told him everything that happened earlier in the morning because I couldn't remember anything about last night.

Jimin silently listened to the whole story.

"So, you were drunk, right? Tell Minhee everything. I'm sure she will get angry at first but she will eventually forgive you. Maybe you have to try to win her heart again but I know you will," Jimin said which made me think for a while, but what if she will not forgive me? What if she leaves me?

"I can't tell her," I said in a low voice.

"Listen to me, tell her the whole truth," he said, trying to convince me. I thought for a while and finally made up my mind.

"What is she breaks up with me?" I asked. "At least try." He tried to convince me again.

"I'll try," I said and Jimin clapped happily after hearing my words.

"That's my best friend." He patted my back, more like banged my back.

Finally, a smile formed across my face, but still, I was nervous to tell her the truth. I really needed to gather enough courage before I tell her the truth.

I didn't want to lose her.

••