27. Eye of the Tiger

Vancouver

                Jensen sat up in with a shake.

                He looked down as Danneel was gone from the bed.

                He rubbed his eyes as he could feel that he was just covered in a thick coating of sweat.

                Jensen went over to the door when he heard something in the closet.

                Jensen walked over to the closet door and slowly opened it when something came running out at him.

                Jensen jumped as he saw the German shepherd looking him back in the eyes.

                The dog titled his head back at Jensen.

                “How did you get in the house?”

                The dog crawled over to Jensen and just looked back at him.

                Jensen put his hand out for the dog.

                The dog licked his hand when Danneel came into the door with the phone up to her ear, “Oh that sounds amazing. I would love that interview!”

                Jensen sat up as the dog did the same thing.

                Jensen watched as Danneel walked around the room, went into the bathroom, then went back out of the living room.

                The dog looked back at Jensen.

                “You are saying more with your face than Kristen Stewart in Twilight.”

                The dog looked back out the door as Danneel was laughing as loud as she could.

Austin, TX

                I sat behind the desk at 4 in the morning, going over everything that I needed to.

                I sat back as Jared walked into the room. “So any more news on explaining shit to me.”

                I glanced down at the desk. “Do you know what this company actually is?”

                “It is an oil company?”

                I laughed back at him, “No, you are wrong.”

                Jared looked around and for the first time he saw it.

                “What the fuck is that?”

                “This is Butler Inc, Defense Company.”

                Jared glanced back at me, “What does that make you?”

                “I am a girl that grew up with guns and bows. I know how to handle a knife and I know how to handle my whiskey.”

                Jared grinned back at me, “So what is with the thing about Danneel and Jensen?”

                I spun the folder around and placed it at the edge of desk. “Danneel has always been a fucked up little creature. But when she pushed the subject of Liam, I went digging and I found out that she had taped into the hired help division.”