Chapter Eleven: Careful Steps

(Author's Note: This chapter will have lyrics in it so I'll say it again, Dark Horse belongs to Katy Perry (as far as I know). Also, I don't own Hetalia or the picture.... All that being said, please enjoy Chapter Eleven)

Time: 8:00 pm on Tuesday

Point of View: Third Person

--It's in the palm of your hand now baby--It's a yes or no, no maybe-- So just be sure before you give it up to me -- Up to me, give it up to me--

The old giant grandfather clock chimes eight from inside the throne room as four figures quietly slip back into the castle. Coming down the hall, all four pale at the sight before them and two of the four float further apart.

"The throne r-room was o-o-oopen before..... R--R-R-Right?" The azure-eyed knight stutters.

"It's never closed and never past 6...." The brunette female chimes in.

"It's only ever closed when the queen is in there....." The violet-eyed male whispers.

"You two, bed now. Arthur wouldn't kill Al but I'm not so sure about you," the brunette female orders, two of the four speed away quickly and quietly down separate halls.

"Katie....." The remaining male whispers almost too silently to his female companion as the two stare with rising dread at the door before them.

"Hm?" The brown-eyed female hums in response.

"Should we go in or would it be wiser to just head for bed?" The blonde male murmurs hoarsely.

"Our original course of action wasn't wise to begin with so I don't think that's the proper question to ask," the shorter of the two laments.

The taller of the two opens his mouth to reply but shuts it quickly as a familiar figure emerges from the throne room.

"He's not pleased at all," the familiar raven-haired male whispers, walking up to the duo with an eerily neutral expression plastered on his face.

"What to do......" The blue-eyed knight whimpers, looking for all the world like a scared puppy.

"Do you want my advice?" The smaller male inquires gently, placing a hand on the taller male's shoulder.

"Yes please, Panda..." The azure-eyed male whispers pleadingly.

"Go in there, alone, like the brave adult you are, and ask for forgiveness with the most sincerity you can possibly muster....." The jack suggests softly, rubbing soothing circles into the knight's shoulder as he adds, "be ready to compromise, be respectful, and remain calm."

Hearing this, the knight frowns but nods and hugs his two companions. Surprised but smiling, the jack and the female ace return the gesture gently before releasing their taller friend.

"Al, be careful......" The brunette ace pleads after the knight as he approaches the seemingly larger-than-previously-believed door.

"Oh, and Al," the jack calls just as the knight reaches to knock on the door.

The blue-eyed male glances over his left shoulder, hand forming a fist and raised mid-knock.

"Don't be afraid to feign a loving glance or two if it'll save your life," the jack mutters and the knight nods, turning back to the door.

With the jack's suggestions fresh in his mind, the blonde male knocks lightly on the foreboding throne room door. Almost immediately after his knock, the heavy door flies open as if blown by a strong wind, opening inward instead of its normal outward opening motion. Startled by this, the knight gives a longing glance over his shoulder before taking a deep breath and striding into the throne room. Not even a full second after his entrance into the large room, the heavy door slams harshly behind him causing his vision to be plunged into complete darkness.