Chapter Ten: Spider

(Author's Note: This chapter will have lyrics in it so I'll say it again, Dark Horse belongs to Katy Perry (as far as I know). Also, I don't own Hetalia or the picture.... All that being said, please enjoy Chapter Ten)

Time: 4:00 pm on Tuesday

Point of View: Arthur (SURPRISE!! ^-^)

--Mark my words This love will make you levitate Like a bird Like a bird without a cage--

["My queen, you look tired....." Alfred whispers to me, swaying gently and holding me up as he continues to dance with me.

"I'm fine, my love," I sigh in response, hugging him closer to me in the dim light of the ballroom.

"Arthur, let's take a break and get some fresh air...." Alfred murmurs softly in my ear, the feeling of his warm breath on my skin making me blush.

"But I don't want to let go of you and walk outside," I mutter to him after turning my lips toward his ear.

"Then don't, I'll carry you, Artie," Alfred breathes to me, gently moving my legs around his waist and wrapping his arms more securely around me before purring, "Hold on tight, my rose~"

"You don't need to tell me twice...." I mentally answer, burying my nose in my azure-eyed knight's neck and tightening my hold on him.

Once sure of my place in his arms, Alfred starts walking swiftly. After only a few moments of this, a soothing lavender-scented summer breeze meets my back. After only one more moment, Alfred sits down and kisses my head gently.

"We're here, my rose~" Alfred says simply.

"And?" I ask, nuzzling closer to him and inhaling deeply.

"My queen, please let go of me for a moment...." Alfred says softly.

Hearing his request, panic rises in me as my mind decides to remind me of all the knight's previous escape attempts.

"My queen, I couldn't run even if I wanted to, you're in my lap," Alfred whispers gently to me within my own mind, proceeding to start rubbing my back gently with one of his seemingly-always-comfortably-warm hands.

"Using your telepathy on your queen? How unfair of you," I hiss half-heartedly.

"Oh? So you using my own name against me, wasn't unfair?" Alfred laughs dryly.

"This is different, you're invading my mind," I pout, Alfred gives an exaggerated laugh at this.

"Arthur, you have about as much privacy from me as I have from you," Alfred whispers dangerously to me, adding in an even quieter tone, "if you panic, I'll know immediately, if I'm lonely, you're the first to know, if someone touches you, I'll have their name within a second of them making that mistake, if someone gets too friendly with me, you'll be by my side faster than they can say 'oops'...."

Listening intently, I smile and kiss his neck before moving my face away from him. My worries being somewhat soothed by his statements, I move my arms off him. Noticing my actions, he smiles and proceeds to remove his tuxedo jacket. Seeing this, I raise one eyebrow in a questioning expression. In response to my expression, my blue-eyed knight grins at me and lays his jacket over me. I snuggle into his jacket as the knight's familiar scent envelops me in a safe cocoon.

"What about you?" I ask, he wraps his arms gently around me and pulls me close.

"I'm the luckiest person here, I have you for warmth so I'll be alright~" Alfred laughs, my eyes widen and I laugh before wrapping my arms around the knight in front of me.