Chapter 8

It was the first time Matthew had spent the night at The Red House. It was nice to see Feather's radiant face first thing in the morning. But it was new. He was used to waking up next to Erin. He was used to waking up to her sweet face and bright blue eyes. But waking up to Feather's face, it was a nice new experience.

Matthew just lay there, starring at her face. She was a whore, but she slept looking like an angel. Well, she did have a face of an angel. Matthew would repeat that every now and then, because it was true. It was really hard to believe that a woman of such sinful activities would have a face of an innocent, sweet woman. It was a mystery.

"Stop starring at me." Feather scolded at him. Here eyes were still closed, trying to focus on her slumber.
"I wasn't starring." He lied. How could she have known anyway? She had her eyes closed the whole time.
She finally lifted her eyelids, giving a clear view of her dark eyes. "It's obvious." She yawned. She turned to lie on her back. She ran a hand through her messy hair. "When a man's just had his first night at The House, he'd stare at his whore." She turned her head back to him. "It always happens."
She pulled herself up from the mattress and stretched. Matthew couldn't help but stare as she did so, giving light indication of her body's perfections.
"Is it okay if I stay here the whole day?" he asked as she watched her look for her clothes on the carpeted floor.

"Don't you have a job to go to?" she asked, picking up her white corset.
Matthew sat up and scratched his eye, taking out the sleepy feeling. "Didn't I tell you I quit my job after Erin broke it off with me?"
Feather bit her lips. "You can stay, if you'd like." She pressed the corset to her body, ready to be repined. She sat back down on the bed and pulled her hair to one side. "I'll grab us some breakfast from the kitchen. Pin me up and I'll be ready to go."
Matthew crawled up closer to her back and reached for the thick cloth of her corset.

Objecting to Feather's wishes, he pulled the corset off her body instead of repining it.

Feather turned her head to nag him, but he caught her chin. He slowly leaned in to her until he met her lips.
Before long, she slithered her body around Matthew's. He turned her over back to the mattress, on top of her. And they were back to square one.

~

Feather came back through the door, looking fresh with new clothes on. On each hand, she held on to plastic containers. Each had food inside, for lunch. Matthew was still under the covers. He'd refused to put his clothes back on after their round that morning.

Feather crawled up beside Matthew and handed him a container and a fork and knife.
"Hope you like meat loaf?" she said.
For a moment they ate in silence. The both of them were quite hungry considering their night and morning.
"Can I ask you questions about yourself?" Matthew asked, breaking the silence. The scent of the meatloaf has already filled the room.
Feather licked you lips. "You don't need my permission. I told you, I'll do whatever you want. I'm your slave, remember?"
Matthew chewed and swallowed the remainders in his mouth. "Okay, can I ask about you family?"
Feather froze. A frown appeared on her face and she refused to look at him. "No."
"Well, not about you parents. Like, do you have any siblings?" he pushed.
"I told you: No!" she snapped. "I am not answering any filial related questions. Okay?"
"Okay..." Matthew backed off.

He dropped the subject and continued to eat in silence beside her. By the way Feather showed aggressiveness towards his questions about his family, he knew she was hiding something. Usually, he'd let it go. But the way it all sparked Feather only made him curious. He wanted to fond out what Feather's hiding about her family. There was something going on, and he was going to find out.