Epilogue

Matthew finished his last note of the song with a prolonged hold on the key. The diners applauded at his performance. He thanked them and bowed before hopping off the platform to be greeted by Rachel.

"Matthew, that was great!" she chirped.
Matthew chuckled, "You say that every night."
"That's because you're so good!" she whined.
He reached for the back of his neck and smiled politely for the comment.
"By the way," the red head boss added, "you have guests at table 5." She gave him a smile before returning to the costumers.

Matthew wiped the sweat off his brow from performing and proceeded to the table his boss directed. He smiled at the sight of the people seated around it: Ricardo, his wife, Feather and their two year old son, Jacob.
Little Jacob jumped off his grandfather's arm and ran to Matthew.
"Daddy!" he cheered.
Matthew kneeled on one knee and received Jacob in his arms, hugging him tight.
"Hey, buddy!" Matthew smiled, kissing his son's temple.
He carried Jacob in his arms as he transferred from his spot to the table.
"Hey, baby." he smiled at his wife as he took a seat next to her, sitting Jacob on his lap. He leaned in to Feather and planted on her lips a sweet kiss.
"You were great tonight!" she praised.
"Thank you." he smiled, bouncing Jacob on his knees.
"Daddy, I'm staying at grandfather's for the weekend!" Jacob announced with excitement.
"You are?" Matthew asked, slightly shocked. He looked over to Feather, questioning.
She simply smiled. "I thought, since our anniversary's coming up, we could use a weekend alone. So, I asked dad to look after Jake for a few days."
Matthew turned to his father-in-law.
"It's fine." Ricardo assured, "I owe Jacob a trip to the game anyway."

The couple entered their modest townhouse home, turning the lights on dim. They took off their coats and respectively hung them up in the coat closet. As Feather hung hers up, she felt Matthew's strong arms wrap around her waist. His lips found their way to her bare shoulder and started planting kisses on her skin.

He pecks her lips. "I knew you were the one the second I laid eyes on you.
The one to bring me back to life."
"How did you know?" Feather asked. The need to extract as much from him as possible filling her. He looked her straight in the eyes. His eyes bursting with meaning.

"Because my heart starting beating again."

"I haven't had you alone in a long time." He whispered in her ear, giving her chills.
She closed her eyes and allowed a sigh escape her lips. Her hands travelled to his, lingering his touch. She bit her lips.
She turned to face him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and smirked.
"What do you have in mind?" Her fingers toyed with the curls of his hair.
"I could think of a few things." His fingers slid down her body with a tingling touch, until they met the hem of her top. Gently, he pulled it off over her head.
His lips captured hers, allowing his tongue to get in touch with hers. Feather worked on the buttons on Matthew's shirt until his perfect body was exposed.
He pushed their bodies tighter together, closing every possible gape between them.
"Mmm" she moaned. "Someone's eager." she cocked as she felt his erection poking on her thigh.
"What can I say? You're great at this." He teased, "This is how I made you say "I love you."
Feather gape. "Fuck you!"
Matthew chuckled. "Yeah, I love you too!"
He leaned back in and planted his mouth on hers.