chapter 31 - "darkest hour"

song for chapter:
darkest hour - lyves
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

"how've you been?" grayson asked as he filled up a glass of water from the fridge.

I shrugged lightly, "pretty good honestly. everything has just been smooth and I plan on keeping it that way."

"good, I'm happy to hear that." graysons cheek bones became defined as he smiled, then turning back towards the fridge to fill the rest of his glass.

"I think I better getting headed off to ivy's, I was supposed to be there ten minutes ago." I laughed lightly before standing up from the bar stool.

"if you guys get bored you can come over with me and hannah. it's just us here tonight." grayson informed me.

my eyebrows narrowed, "ethan won't be here?" I asked confused knowing he's always where grayson is.

he shrugged, "he's out at the lake with the guys. they went out on the boat tonight." grayson didn't seem to care that much.

I nodded, "okay, I'll call you if we end up wanting to come." I assured him.

"be safe, see you later." he waved giving me a soft smile.

"see ya." I gently waved back before shutting the heavy wooden door.

____

my eyes gazed onto the phone screen, watching the video that brad was playing for both ivy and I.

my legs were bundled close to him, as my hands held onto his bicep.

"this one is hilarious, alex and ray started play fighting and were throwing each other around!" brad chuckled being amused as he played the video.

"your team bonding is weird as hell." ivy insulted him, before leaning away from watching the video.

"nah it's fun, we all just piss each other off and team up on people." he shrugged as he locked his phone.

I removed my hands from his arm, now fully sitting up.

"so, what do you guys wanna do?" brad asked, looking back and forth from me, to ivy.

I rubbed my lips together as I concentrated on thinking of an idea, but nothing was coming to mind.

"we could have a movie night? grab some snacks and watch some scary movies." he suggested, which sounded really nice honestly.

"fuck no." Ivy's eyebrows narrowed as if he were stupid. "I'm not gonna third wheel, that's embarrassing."

both brad and I laughed lightly, "awh ivy, i'll cuddle you." I told her wanting to make her feel better.

"no, it's not an option." she spoke in an assuring tone letting us know that it wasn't gonna happen.

"hmm." I hummed as my mind began to scatter different ideas around in my head.

Ivy's hands clapped loudly together once, "let's play, never have I ever." she spoke with excitement being proud of her idea.