chapter 8 - "jealousy"

song for chapter:
learn ya - 6lack
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

"alright lovelies, today we will be working on a project that you can choose to do with a partner or by yourself!" mrs. green clapped her hands together.

mrs. green is by far my favorite teacher. she's my last class of the day and all we do is study hall or answer questions about ourselves.

she's only 26 which makes her even more chill knowing that she understand how much high school sucks.

she doesn't make us do much work, either. it's a big stress reliever.

"you will be walking around the school and taking pictures of the items that you take for granted on a daily basis. for example, a trash can. without it we would have trash everywhere." she laughed lightly as the whole class stayed quiet.

my eyes shifted to grayson since we usually partner up together.

is eyes caught onto mine, but he looks hesitant.

he started to walk over towards my desk with an edgy look on his face.

"what?" my eyebrows narrowed with concern.

"i think I'm going to work with ethan in this one. I haven't been spending a lot of time with him you know?" he told me, but it was almost like he was asking me.

my eyes shifted to ethan who was gathering his stuff to go walk around the school like the teacher instructed.

I shrugged my shoulders not letting it bother me, "that's fine."

a small smile crossed his, "okay, thanks."
I nodded letting a smile spread across my lips, "yup."

he headed back towards ethans desk as the teacher dismissed everyone.

i watched as grayson hit ethans shoulder to get his attention, making him take out his head phones.

graysons head motioned towards the door as he began to walk out of the classroom with ethan following behind him.

my eyes stayed focused on ethan scanning each detail about him today.

his eyes were drooped a bit more than usual showing his tired state.

his hair was neat, but also messy in a way as if he's been running his hands through his hair.

he wore a denim jacket with a white tee-shirt underneath along with blue ripped jeans that were cuffed at the ankle. topping it all off, white slide on vans.

i looked down to my paper to distract myself from continuing to look at him.

out if the corner of my eye, I could see him fully leave the classroom meaning I was safe to look up again.

for almost five minutes I began to do different work other than the project mrs. green gave me.

my finger tapped the desk repeatedly, but without making noise. my eyes focused on the work in front of me as I impatiently waiting for last period to end.