chapter 18 - "friends giving"

song for chapter:
best shot - birdy and jaymes bay
(highly recommended + put on repeat)

"what's wrong?" my arms wrapped around ethans torso from behind as he looked at himself nervously through the bathroom mirror.

his body huffed up, then he released a large breath of air, "im nervous."

my eyebrows narrowed slightly as my arms slid away from him. "why are you nervous?"

he turned towards me, his white button up shirt was tight on his body, defining each muscle.

"hannah's downstairs." he told me, but I was already aware of this.

"we invited her over for friends giving since she's been talking with grayson." i reminded him, letting my hands straighten out his tie.

"I know." he mumbled turning away from me, reconnecting eye contact with himself in the mirror.

my jaw was dropped slightly as my eyebrows narrowed, confused on what was going on.

"hey," I slowly stepped in front of him, putting my hand gently onto the side of his face.

his eyes shifted up to me softly, making my heart beat increase by the contact of his attention on me.

he let out a deep sigh, making his eyes look away from me, "what if I say something that hurts her."

a piece of my heart felt like it had been peeled off hearing him talk like this again.

"baby no," I carefully wrapped both of my arms around his neck, hugging him comfortably.

his arms pressed me closer to him as he held onto me tightly, almost like he needed it.

"you aren't going to hurt anyone." i assured him in a whispered tone.

he began to loosely let go of me so he could look at my face, his hands still holding onto my hips. "we don't know her, what if she does have issues and I say the wrong thing?"

my head automatically began to shake, "you can't think like that."

his jaw clinched as his eyes fell to the floor, "I've been trying not to worry about my words affecting people, but I can't help it." he began to sound frustrated with himself.

"ethan." my hand gently grabbed onto both of his wrists. "it's okay. someone you loved got taken away from you. no one should have to go through that. you're allowed to be scared."

not saying anything, his eyes held a contact on mine, looking soft. "I love you."

his words hit my heart making my whole body feel warm. "I love you too." i nodded, sternly looking at him to assure him.

"like seriously, I don't know where I would be without you." a tone of seriousness threaded in his voice.

my hands cupped the sides of his face gently as I lightly pulled his lips closer to mine.

a sudden warmth attached to my lips, an instant buzz entering my stomach.

the grip of his hands on my lower back, pulling me closer to him made me weak to the core.