chapter 17 - "my treat"

song for chapter:
beautiful- bazzi
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

my eyes opened landing on the bright light coming from the window.

the sun lit up the room, ethans room.

as I began to remember where I was and what had happened last night, the lower parts of my body began to ache.

I turned onto my back, crossing my legs to ease the pain even though it wasn't working.

I closed my eyes gently, inhaling a deep breath through my nose, then exhaling through my mouth.

my head shifted to my right, seeing that ethan wasn't next to me.

the covers were moved as if he had gotten out of them, which he did. the sheets had a faded imprint of where he was sleeping.

before I sat up, I looked down to my clothes seeing that I still had ethans blue champion sweatshirt covering my body.

a warmth took over my cheeks as I could feel a light smile covering my lips.

vivid memories began to come back to me; the feelings I felt, the touch of his hands on my body, the warmth from his lips.

being aware of the pain it would cause me, I slowly got up from the bed, clinching the muscles in my legs.

I took my time bending down to grab the pair of shorts that were on the ground, putting them on.

my lips rubbed together to hold back any pain-filled noise that my mouth would try to release as I walked to the door.

after opening the bedroom door, the same noise from inside ethans room filled the air.

silence.

my eyebrows narrowed as I started cautiously walking down the stairs.

the further down I got, I could see that no one was here.

once I got to the end of the stairs, I began to hear a faded sizzling.

still feeling a tight pain in between my thighs, I carefully walked into the kitchen.

my mouth dropped seeing a large amount of food laid out across the island counter.

pancakes, eggs, waffles, bacon, strawberries, bananas, yogurt, sausage, cereal, and even apple juice.

ethan was cooking pancakes on the stove wearing only a pair of joggers and a thin plain white t-shirt that defined the muscles in his back.

grayson and ivy were both sitting on the counter looking down to their phones, almost like they were trying to be quiet.

"oh my god." i spoke being completely shocked at the amount of food on the counter, and how good it all looked.

not a single one of them is good at cooking, yet this food looks flawless.

all of their heads turned in sync, putting their eyes on me.