chapter 7 - "just friends"

song for chapter:
young girls - bruno mars
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

my lips wrapped around the straw connecting with the mango smoothie at the opposite end of it.

"what do you want to do today?" grayson asked me as his eyes shifted up from his phone to look at me.

his fingers began to stir the smoothie that seemed to be frozen.

"well, considering we already went tanning for four hours," I let out a gentle laugh. "we could hangout with ivy and sidney." I suggested shrugging my shoulders.

"sure. we haven't seen them in a while." the corner of graysons lips curved upwards.

I turned around to the back of my chair, grabbing my phone out of my purse that was hanging from the chair.

i leaned back into the chair after grabbing my phone and clicked on my contacts.

grayson began to go through his phone, his elbows resting on the table while he sipped on his smoothie.

1:02pm
me: hey wanna hangout?

1:05pm
sidney: ur not with Grayson? What a shock.

1:06pm
me: i am... what's the problem sid?

1:09pm
sidney: you've gotta be kidding right?

1:11pm
me: not at all

1:16pm
sidney: there's multiple problems it's not just one.

1:18pm
me: is it because I'm hanging with Grayson?

1:21pm
sidney: that's one of them

1:23pm
me: will you please explain to me what the hell is going on

1:26pm
sidney: delaney you ditched me and ivy for him. that's so fucked up.

1:29pm
me: didn't I just text you asking to hangout?

1:31pm
sidney: for the first time in 2 weeks... you know how both ivy and I feel about Grayson and you ditched us FOR HIM

1:34pm
me: woah woah woah grayson and I are just friends

1:37pm
sidney: tell that to him.

my eyes shifted upwards to him as he lightly chewed the iced smoothie while looking onto his phone.

grayson doesn't like me...

does he?

he's been so friendly and nice to me. he's been a friend to me. he hasn't done anything else to show that his feelings are more.

1:41pm
me: he doesn't have feelings for me

1:42pm
sidney: whatever delaney ur oblivious