chapter 19 - "december hearts"

song for chapter:
good news - ocean park standoff
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

one month later

as the seasons pass by, my heart continues to grow constantly for the guy I have on my arm along the way.

through the cool fall, to now the icy cold winter, he's been with me.

we had a well spent thanksgiving break, filled with a lot of eating, and walks around the park as all of the colorful leaves fell from the trees.

back to school, our bond felt closer. being with him every day for two weeks created a tight hold on our relationship.

december has finally come around, our days consist of adventuring through the playful snow, throwing snowballs at ivy, grayson and hannah, and even cuddling on the couch with a warm fire going.

christmas time, ethan took me to a cabin. just us two, alone in the white woods.

it was perfect.

looking at him gives me chills, touching him makes my body warm, his eyes on me makes me weak to my core.

it's a feeling I will never be able to fully explain in any way, shape, or form.

it's an extraordinary feeling, and the fact that he makes me feel that certain feeling, makes me even more in love with him.

but, christmas break also came with an old friend.

sidney, she made an appearance at my house the day ethan and I got back from the cabin.

she didn't ask for anything, not forgiveness, not to hear her out and not even a conversation.

she simply told me she was sorry, and that she regrets everything that she had said and done.

she told me that she has been working on herself, not wanting to be the self centered character that she is known to be nowadays.

she told me that she is happy for how good I am doing, and that she hopes ethan and I last because we deserve each other.

but most of all, she told me that she doesn't expect forgiveness, she just needed to tell me how she felt.

of course, I was left stunned, a little confused.

but I'm an understanding person, and I can't hold a grudge.

no, sidney and I won't ever be close again, but I refuse to hold anything against her.

the new year is on saturday, I need to let go of the past and move forward, not holding onto any of the negative in my life; only bring the positives with me.

"delaney! come downstairs!" graysons masculine voice shouted deeply from the living room.

I blinked my eyes a couple of times, letting my mind fade back into reality.

my eyes looked to my phone, seeing that it was 3:02pm FRIDAY.

damn, did I really just day dream on ethans bed for twenty minutes?