"And you'd be right. Sam, Sam Wilson." He replied with a bright smile courteously reaching his hand out towards me.

"Kate, Kate Wilder." I sheepishly smiled after slightly flinching as an automatic response, my cheeks now rendered hot to the touch with embarrassment.

"I don't bite." He laughed as I tried to quickly recover and shake his hand, all while Bucky attentively observed my quirky interactions.

"I should hope not, then again, there's a lot of kinky shit around these days." I sarcastically quipped tilting my head towards him with a softly raised brow while Bucky's face momentarily contoured in confusion at my statement, kinky?

"Oh, you and I are definitely gonna be friends." Sam inadvertently laughed with an amused smirk curving his lips upward, finding my modern humor somewhat refreshing after being surrounded by fossils for teammates.

Every few minutes, Bucky averted his gaze to my slumped figure resting against the car door aimlessly scanning every detail within eyes view; admiring the way I found such unwavering interest in the simplest things. After a long scenic car ride my eyes hesitantly succumbed to the nagging urge to slip unconscious into a dreamless sleep, the only indicator that we arrived being the car roughly jostling me awake. Snapping my eyes open I tried to play it off like I wasn't in fact sleeping, but my mind was far too enthralled with the scenery filling my eyes. I expected a remote little, rag-tag cabin in the woods after Fury explained the situation, but I was definitely wrong. Instead, my widened eyes were greeted by the appearance of a modernized structure on a reasonably sized plot surrounded by the pinnacle of security measures along with towering trees almost rendering our presence unknown; making me feel as if I were hidden like a prized possession from the outside world. "Well, I can cross getting murdered in a dingy shack in the woods off my list worries." I mumbled in awe as the gates opened wide still trying to physically shake the fatigue from my flickering eyes.

"Not my best, but it'll get the job done." Tony tried to humbly remark but only resulted in him proudly admiring his work.

"And they said you can't be humble." I sarcastically quipped acknowledging his prideful comment which earned an amused smile from Sam.

"After you." Bucky added opening the car door while gently taking my hand in his own, weakly smiling at just how small I was.

"Not really what I expected." I added visibly dumbfounded while advancing towards the heavily secured entrance, my trailing eyes captivated by the wooded scenery stretching on for what seemed infinity; my nostrils pleasantly flooded with the fragrant scent of fresh pine and soil.

"Where we're standing is completely off the grid and untraceable to any radar, I had to take any extra security measures I could. Also, it's a hell of a house, just look at it!" Tony added swirling his index finger in a circular motion as I nodded in agreement. "Well this is it." He proudly announced lifting his arms above his head.

"A couple of other team members will be joining us tonight." Steve stated hanging up his simple flip phone which earned a smirk from me. What's so funny?" He asked at the sight of my failed attempt of a concealed smile.

"Nothing, nothing." I remarked dismissively waving my hand at the soldier's question continuing to rotate in a complete circle while admiring the buildings immaculate interior.

"Care to see your room?" Natasha kindly asked with a small smirk while gently tugging my arm, interrupting my silent gasps.

"Sure." I deadpanned blinking twice following close behind Natasha up the stairs, mindlessly running my fingers across beautifully carved staircase. "It's beautiful!" I gasped as the slick, wooden door revealed my new sleeping quarters with floor to ceiling windows showcasing the breathtaking wooded scenery; the wide range of raw, earthy hues of colors catching my attentive eye.