Chapter - Sixteen

Start from the beginning

Stood up, my leg didn’t hurt at all anymore and my neck felt great. So I walked toward the door that was cracked open. Before I walked out the door I decided to listen and see if anyone were talking.

“Do you think she’ll be okay?” A woman asked.

“Yeah I’m sure she’ll be fine. She’s a werewolf. They heal pretty fast honey.” A man said.

“We’ll I hope your right. Let me know when she gets up. I have to go out and get the herbs you weren’t able to get last night. The client will be here in an hour and there medicine still isn’t ready.” The woman said.

“Okay honey; see you when you get back.” I then heard the door open and close, then footsteps walking, toward the room I was in. I quickly walked towards the bed and laid down pretending I was still a sleep. The man I’m guessing cracked open the door to the room I was in and walked inside.

“I know you’re awake. You don’t have to pretend. You’re safe now.” The man informed me. I opened my eyes and sat up on the bed and got a good look at the man finally.

He had pitch black long hair and a beard and mustache. He was handsome for an older gentlemen and very tall, Maybe 6.4 with brown eyes. He smiled at me.  

“So how’s your leg and neck feeling?” He walked toward me and started to unwrap the bandage from around my neck.

“It feels better, um… thank you… I don’t want to be rude but who are you? And how did I get here?”

“Well you were attacked by rogues in the forest. I saved you. But they wouldn’t let me near your friend. They took her before I got the chance to get her. You seemed unimportant to them but they seemed like they didn’t want you dead so they really didn’t fight to keep you.” He informed me.

He had the bandage off me now and there was blood and pus all over the bandage and I felt my stomach go queasy just looking at it. He then examined my neck.

“Well your neck healed up nicely. The scar there should be gone by later on today.”

“Thank you so much Sir.”

“You can call me Thomas.” He smiled at me.

I sniffed the air. Thomas smelled different. He smelled really weird. He didn’t smell like a human. What was he? I could smell the power within him.

“I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what are you Mr. Thomas?” I asked nicely.

“I’m a warlock and my wife is a wiccan. We live out here. We love our privacy so we don’t really like to live amongst humans. Humans just have too much going on. We prefer to live the old fashion way.” He said throwing the bandage that was around my neck in the wooden trash can by the door.

“Oh… How did you save me? They were rogues; you can’t possibly have beaten them alone.” I asked.

“Yes actually I can. I can take on ten rogues at once if I need to. You see every warlock, Wiccan and witch has two gifts at the age 16 and as they grow older we continue to gain gifts throughout the years. Right now I have two gifts but I hope to get another one on my 950th birthday next year.” He informed me.

“Your 950 years old?”

“Yes I am.”

“What’s the gift you have that helped save me?”

“I can create fire from the palm of my hands. That’s my active gift. I also have a defensive gift if you’ll call it that. I can sort of read people’s minds.”

“What do you mean by sort of?”

“Well when I get a feeling of something… um this is hard to explain. Okay I’ll just give you an example. When I was talking to my wife I got the feeling that you were awake and by the door and when I walked in here you were.”