Chapter - Sixteen

SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR TYPING ERRORS! WILL GO BACK AND FIX THEM LATER!

E

N

J

O

Y

!

The three rogues had to have been following us. And they had picked the perfect moment to attack us. We were depressed, drunk and caught off guard and outnumbered. At this point our only option was to run, if we could even do that.

I transformed into my wolf and so did Kenna. We took off in the opposite direction of the rouges. We ran as fast as we could through the trees. We almost hit a couple of trees because we were so wasted. I glanced behind me and the rogues were right on our heels.

A dirty dark brown wolf caught up to us. But he didn’t go for me, he went for Kenna. He tried to bite her on the leg. She hopped out of the way of his mouth and kept running. I rammed the rogue in the side with my head and he fell to the ground I then took off running again as fast as I could the other two rogues were catching up to us.

‘Kenna we have to speed up. There gaining on us.’ I said.

‘I know but I’m pushing it as fast as I can and there still gaining!’ The third rogue had joined the other two again. I couldn’t take it anymore we had to stop running. We had to fight back.

‘Kenna we have to fight. It’s our only option. We can’t keep running like this just to find my sister. Plus these rogues might even have my sister.’

‘Your right, we do have to fight. We turn around in 3, 2, 1!’ We both turned around and ran straight at the rogues and they were running straight at us. I went for the rogue that was coming at me the other two went for Kenna. The rogues bit into my neck and I whined out in pain. He pinned me to the ground with my neck still in his mouth.

 One of the rogues that had Kenna howled at the rogue on top of me. The rogue on top of me let go of my neck and then did something unexpected. He licked my wound. Then he backed up and growled at me and showed his teeth. Telling me too keep back.

‘Haylee there not after you, they want me. Go! You have to run for it! They broke my legs! I can’t move!’

‘No I won’t let them take you!’ I yelled at her. She then transformed into her human form obviously too weak to stay a wolf. The other two rogues had her pinned down on the ground. I passed the rogue that let me up and took off after the other two rogues that had Kenna pinned on the ground.

I ran toward one with the pitch black eyes and attacked him. The one that let me up attacked me again from behind and the other attacked me too. One ripped into my throat and the other bit down on my right leg and broke it. I cried out in pain and instantly transformed back into my human form. I blacked out but not before I saw a giant ball of fire.

***

I opened my eyes and found myself looking at a ceiling. I looked around and I was in someone’s bedroom.  The walls made me believe that I was in some type of cabin, they were made of wood and so was the floor. There was a dresser made of wood and a night stand. There looked to be a small closet off to the left of the room and no TV in sight. The room was lit by candle light but the sun was starting to come up.

 I sat up on the bed and looked down. My leg was wrapped in a cast. I then touched my neck and it was also wrapped up. Who would help me? I only saw rogues in the woods. Had rogues taken me and fixed me up? But why would rogues help me?  Wait… what was that ball of fire I seen?