(Ch 11)It Started with a Confrontation

Começar do início

I wasn’t sure what I was doing until I came across the picture of Scott. Something about it struck a cord and I knew I had to give something more to this sketch.

I sat back and took in my completed work. Would it be crazy for me to say that even his painting drew me in?

I closed my eyes letting the music and the gentle breeze carry me away, right into his arms. He was smiling at me, as his hand ran along my arm, making me shiver at the touch. He had a way of making me feel beautiful with just one look.

My hand cupped his face, scalding where our flesh met. Without warning his lips met mine, making me sigh with joy. His kisses left me breathless, wanting more.

I felt the corners of my lips twitch into a slight smile as I continued to dream of a romance I could never have. How could something that was a lie feel so right?

Shamelessly I was about to bring my imaginary Scott’s lips back to mine when I was interrupted, and tumbled right back to earth.

My eyes snapped open and I felt my face go scarlet. I was absolutely mortified as I looked back at Scott, who had a slight winkle in his eyes, though his expression gave nothing away.

“I didn’t mean to interrupt. I didn’t know someone was using the room.” He explained.

I covered my finished work, diverting my gaze. “No, it’s fine. I’m finished here. I just need to clear up.”

He nodded, not looking at me I noted. I gathered all my stationery, but kept peaking at him from the corner of my eye. I figured he’d wait outside or something until I was done, but to my surprise he walked over to his usual work station and began preparing for whatever it is he’d be working on.

I met his gaze uneasily as I headed over to the basin, which happens to be near his work station, to clean my paint brushes.

My heart hammered in my chest. Why? I had no idea. It was clear that Scott had other things on his mind. He hadn’t looked at me since walking into the room. I knew this because I hadn’t taken my eyes off of him.

Part of me knew this was the best opportunity I had to bring up last night, but as I watched him from my peripheral vision, doubt swam its way into my head.

The glass jar I’d been cleaning suddenly slipped from my hands and I jumped back in surprise. Well, at least the unwelcome shock to my system had earned me the attention of one guy who seemed determined to ignore me.

“You okay?” his question stunning me.

“Yeah, it just slipped from my hands.”

Okay Aria, you might not want to admit it, but you know you desperately want to question him about last night. But I can’t use a direct approach. I need to be sneaky about it.

I cleared my throat. “So – err – did you enjoy the show last night?”

He was quiet and I thought he wouldn’t answer me until I looked up to see him… I don’t know… agonising over what to say. “Yeah,” He finally said, “it’s not really my thing, but it wasn’t too bad.”

Short and too the point… figures. So, he wants to avoid the obvious. Than so will I.

Drying off my hands and brushes, I did my best not to blow my top. He was annoying me so much right now. All I wanted was to get out of there. I headed to my station, but was stopped when I heard his voice.

“You looked –” he hesitated, “you looked great out there last night.” he declared, making me stop in my tracks. “I never thought I’d see the day when you’d willing get up on a stage to model.”