Nothing To Regret

Diya's POV

" Kaha ja rahe ho, Dee?" (Where are you going, Dee?) Chhoti asked me.

" Office. Or kaha?" (To office. Where else can I go?) I asked her putting things inside my handbag.

" Shayad ap bhool rahe ho ki apke pyaare boss ne apko 1 week k lie ban ker dia. That means ap office nahi ja sakte." (You must be forgotten that your dear boss has banned you from office for 1 week. So, that means you can't go to office.) She said.

" Hell with his orders. Main office ja rahi hoon. Dekhti hoon woh Kya kertay hai." (I am going to office, let's see what he can do) I said.

" Really?!" She asked.

" Haan." I said.(Yes). " Chalo tumhe school chhod deti hoon." (Let's go, I will leave you at school) I said to her.

" Nahi, Romeo ayenge. Main Romeo saath chali jaungi." (No, Romeo will come. I will go with Romeo) she said.

" Koun Asher?" (Who Asher?) I asked and she rolled her eyes.

" Meri dost Juliet. Usko main Romeo bulati Hoon na." (My friend Juliet. I call her Romeo.) She said and I remembered that. I sighed.

" Ok, to main chaalti Hoon. Take care." (Ok, then I am going. Take care) I said and came out of the house. I was waiting for a taxi but suddenly I found Rick the guy left me home yesterday.

" Good morning, Ms. Goenka." He said smilingly.

" Good morning, Rick." I said smiling back.

" Are you going somewhere?" He asked politely.

" Going to office actually." I said.

" Oh, ok. Then come with me." He said and I was hesitating to go with him.

" I can manage, Rick." I said. But he insisted.

" It's an order for me, Ma'am." He said.

" Order from whom?" I asked him.

" You should know by now, ma'am, who can be the person to send me and my team behind you and your family." He said and I sighed. Isn't that person crazy!!!

" For how long?" I asked him.

" Since last 3 weeks." He said and my eyes widened.

" What!!!" I was shocked.

" Yes, ma'am." He said.

" I didn't even realize." I said. He opened the door of the car for me and I sat there. He closed the door.

" We are professional, ma'am. You can't realize until you know about us following you." He said and I sighed deeply.

" Why are you calling me ma'am? I must be more than 10 years younger than you. You can call me by my name." I said but he shook his head.

" Can't do that." He said as he started the car and looked at me through the rear view mirror.

" And why not?" I asked him.

" It's not appropriate to call you by your name." He said and I narrowed my eyes at him. " And you are 20 years younger than me." He said and my eyes widened. " You are 21 and I am 41." He said and I looked at him shocked. I thought he is in his mid 30.

" No way!!!" I said and he chuckled.

" Yes." He said.

" Forever Young!!" I asked him and he laughed. He was driving the car silently.

" Rick?" I called him.

" Yes, ma'am?" He said and I  sighed.

" Call me Diya." I said and he shook his head.

" You were saying something, ma'am." He reminded me.

" How did Mr. Axton reach there in the bar that day? You were watching me?" I asked him.

" Actually, sir told me to keep an eye on you and your family all the time. I was doing that. I was following your taxi and saw it stopped in front of Lava L'99. I know you didn't know about it but it's the most dangerous bar for a girl like you and above all you are not native as well. So, when I saw you going inside the bar I called him instantly. He reached there and he was there all the time you were with your colleagues. But when you were leaving suddenly out of nowhere Ivanka came to us and we almost lose you. We wanted to seal the bar but we found you that all happened. There could something worst be happened that day. You should be careful. In this kind of situation you shouldn't accept the invitation in the first place." He said. I was amazed.

" Oh, that was really blessing. Thank you, Rick." I said letting the breath go which I was holding that long.

Ram ji, apko kaise thank you boolon samajh nahi aarahi. Thank you. I said joining both of my hands.

" You are right, Rick. Anything worst could be happen. I will be careful from next time." I said and he nodded.

" He really loves you." Suddenly he said.

" Who?" I asked.

" Noel. He loves you so much." He said and kept looking at him.

" How do you know that?" I asked him.

" I know." He said.

" How?" I asked him.

" Noel. He never cared for someone other than his family like he does for you. He never assigned me and my team for a girl. But he did it for you. I think he cares a lot. He cares a lot cause he loves you. There can not be any other explanation about it. Can you give me any other reason?" He asked me. I shook my head hesitantly thinking if there can be any other options but I got none. The same time the car entered Axton's office building and I got down the car.

" I will be waiting here. Just come here when you are done." Rick said and I nodded. I walked towards Mr. Axton's office. Suddenly someone blocked my way. I saw Jack and Collum.

" You guys want to say something?" I asked them and they were dangerously close to me. I took a few steps back.

" Yeah, we need something. Are you free tonight?" Jack asked me.

" None of your business." I said taking a few steps back as they were coming closer. Don't get scared Diya. They are nothing.

" It's obviously our business." Collum said and tried to hold my hand. I slapped him hard across his face.

" Don't you have manners to talk to a girl!!" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

" You b-" I didn't let Jack finish what he was saying just kicked him hard on his stomach.

At the same time Collum tried to touch me again but I hit him with my handbag. They both were on the ground and the lift opened. I saw Mr and Mrs Axton coming out they looked at me shocked and I just stepped out of Jack and Collum. I just explained them what happened. There is nothing to regret cause I don't compromise if someone tries to disrespect me or a woman. Never ever.