New Rules

Diya's POV

" Ap office ja rahi ho?" (You are going to office?) Rudra asked me.

" Haan, Chhotay." (Yes, Chhotay.) I said.

" Apne to kaal bola tha ap ban ho 7 days k lie." (But yesterday you told you are banned for 7 days) he asked me.

" Haan, lekin abhi boss bola Jane k lie." (Yes, but now boss himself asked me to go) I said sipping the coffee.

" Thik hai to jao." (Ok, then go.) He said.

" Haan, ja rahi hoon. Rahul kaha hai?" (Where is Rahul?) I asked him.

" Walk per gya." (Went on morning walk) he replied.

" Accha, maasi Mai chalti Hoon. Mujhe der ho rahi hai." (Ok, Aunty, I am leaving. I am getting late.) I said.

" Ok, beta. Apna khayaal rakhna."(ok, dear. Take care) she said.

I smiled and walked out of the house. I saw Rick standing as always. I need to talk to my boss about this. I mean I no need to go with Rick everywhere. I am fine going by bus or taxi. I am used to it. It makes me feel uncomfortable. He needs to understand that.

" Good morning, ma'am." He said.

" Good morning, Rick." I said. "How are you?" I asked him.

" I am fine, ma'am. How are you?" He asked me opening the door.

" I am also fine." I said getting in. Soon, we reached office and I bid bye to Rick and entered the office. I directly went to my cabin. I heard a knock on the door and the next moment Mia entered the room.

" Good morning, Diya." She said to me smilingly.

" Good morning, Mia. You didn't attend the party yesterday." I said to her.

" Actually, Jonny's aunty got very sick we took her to the hospital." She said.

" Oh, how is she now?" I asked her.

" She is fine now. Jonny is with her. I wanted to be with them but Jonny told me to come." She said with a worried face. I could understand she was upset. " We have a lot of work pending." She said.

" Mia, I think I am free from any works, I can help you." I said.

" It's not just me and Jonny now. You are in our team from now." She said and my eyes widened.

" Me?!!" I asked her and she nodded. " In your team?" I asked and she nodded again.

" What!!! From when?" I asked her.

" A while back. It seems Noel doesn't want you to be in touch with the other apprentices." She said.

" But why?" I asked.

" I don't know. May be he doesn't trust them with you. Not only him I also don't trust them with you from the start. See what happened that day!!! Thanks God, they couldn't harm you." Mia said. I sighed.

" I felt bad about this. But I didn't regret. If they don't get punished they would do that with other girls." I said.

" What happened after that?" She asked.

" Jack called me and threatened me a big time." I said.

" Saying what?" She asked.

" That they will ruin me, this is not the end." I said and sighed.

" Rubbish." Mia said.

" Exactly. I didn't let him threatened me and scare me. I made him realize that he can't threatened me. I just blocked his number. I don't have time to hear his rubbish talking anyways." I said.

" Very good. Don't get scared. They can't do anything." She said.

" Yeah, I told him that." I said.

" From next time we should check the background of the apprentices more carefully." She said. I sighed. " Don't feel guilty." She said.

" No, I am not, Mia." I said.

" That's it." She said.

" Mia, let's start so you can leave early." I said and she nodded.

" Yes, let's start." She said.

We talked for 2 hours about the works. Then I told Mia to go. Cause, I think I can handle it. She wasn't agreed to go. I forced her to leave. I just wanted him to be with her family when they need her. And I myself can't work properly knowing that my friend is worried like hell still working here when I can help her. It will not let me stay calm. So, after Mia left I pulled my hair in a messy bun and took out my spectacles. I occasionally use it. Now I need it. I removed my blazer and sat on my chair. I started to sketch the particular part which Mia told me to finish by today. I sighed it's too much. It was almost lunch time and I needed a coffee. I just myself a coffee. I took a sip and kept it near the sketch and started sketching again. I was almost done. It took 3 hours for me to finish it. I was checking it when I heard a knock on the door.

" Yes, come in, please." I said and the next moment someone entered the room but I was checking a very sensitive point of the sketch and my back was facing the door so, I couldn't see who that was.

" I think it's lunch time." I heard Noel and turned. I found him standing with an amusing face leaning on the wall.

" Yes, I know that. I just need to check it." I said turning back to my sketch.

" You are ignoring me." He stated.

" Yes, cause you gave us a tons of works and we have a deadline." I said taking out my phone and took a picture of the sketch I just have finished and sent it to Mia. I took my coffee to take but it was snatched from me.

" It's lunch time. Why are you having coffee?" He said and took a sip from my coffee and my eyes widened. He kept the cup away.

" It's mine." I said trying to get cup.

" Yeah, and you are mine. That means what's yours is mine. So, this is also mine." He said and I rolled my eyes. I tried to get it again and this time I was successful. I turned smiling victoriously. But it didn't stay long when I my toe got twisted and the coffee spilled on the sketch. My eyes open wide.

" Hey, are you alright?" He asked me grabbing my arm and found the sketch and sighed. I glared at him.

" What babe?" He asked me.

" Nothing." I said. My whole work gone in vain. I need to start again. I was about to start new one but he stopped me. " What?" I asked him.

" You have it's picture. Why are you making it again?" He asked me and I realized that I took the picture. I took a sigh of relief.

" Now, don't I deserve a kiss for reminding that to you?" He asked me.

" No, you don't." I said.

" Come on, babe." He said giving me a puppy face. Really!!! Noel and puppy face!! But he looks cute anyway. I sighed and gave him a peck on his lips. He smiled kissing on my forehead.

" We have to set up new rules for office. Otherwise we will keep destroying each other's work." I said and sighed which didn't effect him much cause he pulled me closer and crashed his lips on mine.