11. Truth

(Yaoyorozu POV.)

Today went by really quickly. Since everyone was still out of it from yesterday All Might took it easy on us today and had us review the footage from yesterday's exercise. Shouto and I swapped only a few times so far today and school's ended already.

I'm in my own body walking back to the dorms with Jirou now. I'm a little concerned about Shouto. He's been a little distant today. During class we didn't talk much other than our reading assignments and at lunch he sat with Midoriya, Iida, and Uraraka. I wonder if there's something on his mind... Jirou and I enter the dorms and head up to her room for some privacy from any prying ears.

I set my bag down on the floor and sit on her bed. "So Momo," Jirou starts as she begins to take off her tie, "what's been eating at you?"

"What?"

She tosses her tie on the floor and unbuttons her shirt. "You've looked kinda down all day. Especially on the way over here. What's on your mind?" She asks as she pulls on a black and purple ripped up tank top with 'punk rock' written on it.

I let out a small sigh. "Shouto has just been acting a little strange today. He hasn't told me anything is wrong, but I have this feeling like he's keeping something from me."

Jirou sits in her chair and picks up her guitar. "You have any idea what it might be?" she asks as she lightly starts to strum.

I shake my head. "Nothing comes to mind... During lunch I told you all about our relationship so far since you kept pestering me about it." Everything except the body switching of course...

"Yeah. From what you've told me it doesn't sound like he should be upset with you. It's probably something personal he's got going on."

"Yeah... I just wish he'd tell me what's bothering him..."

"I'm sure Todoroki will tell you in his own time. I wouldn't try to pry anything out of him."

"I know..."

Jirou looks up from her guitar. "Everything will be fine. Todoroki has been a little different these last few days since you two hooked up. It's subtle, but still noticeable."

"Different? Like what?" I ask, hoping she's not catching on to our body switching.

"Well like, he's been smiling more and hanging around us all more. You do know that's all because of you right?"

"Yes. I know," I reply with a small smile. "I told him that he has such a wonderful smile and that he should do it more often."

"Nice. Gettin' the ice prince to break down his walls," Jirou chuckles.

"Ice prince? Seriously Jirou?"

Jirou shrugs and continues strumming her guitar. "What? It's a decent title. You want me to call him icy hot bastard or half n half? What's another one he says? Freezer burn?"

"Yeah yeah okay. Ice prince is fine I suppose. Or you could just call him Todoroki. That is his name."

"I dunno. It's kinda fun using nicknames. No wonder Bakugou does it."

"Bakugou does it because he doesn't know anyone's names. That or he just doesn't care enough to use them."

"Yeah well, either way it's fun."