02. The Change...

(Yaoyorozu POV.)

The air had become freezing cold once again. My eyes are clenched shut and awaiting the impact of glass that was heading our way, but without opening them I already knew what had happened. I opened my eyes and see Todoroki standing in front of me and all the other civilians, his right foot out and a trail of ice leading up into a thick wall he had created. My eyes looked over the strong posture of his back, then drifted past his ice shield and I can see a commotion in the street.

"Yaoyorozu! Are you okay!?" I hear Todoroki question me but I keep my attention focused on what was happening outside.

"Yes. I'm okay. We need to go and see what's going on though Todoroki," I say and wait for him to melt his ice.

He touches the large frozen wall with his left hand and melts it away. Finally we can see what had caused the explosion. There are three men standing in the middle of the road. They each have a large duffle bag stuffed with money and one of the men is firing off his quirk, which appears to be some form of bombs, into the crowds of people.

"Let's take these clowns down Yaoyorozu." I look over as I hear Todoroki speak. His eyes are focused on the criminals and he has a certain fire dwelling up within them.

I can't help but give a confident smile. "Of course." I create a shield on my right forearm. "Let's go!"

Todoroki and I charge out of the café side by side. He starts our attack with his ice of course. He freezes the ground around the men, causing them to slip and fall over each other. "What the fuck!?" I hear one of them shout. I watch as Todoroki attempts to freeze them together in an ice prison. One of the men aims their hand towards him and from his palm shoots a black ball. The ball blasts through the air like it had been fired from a canon. I watch as Todoroki sees it flying toward himself. He forms yet another wall of ice, shooting it up in front of himself and curving it around the area in an attempt to shield the civilian spectators. The ball cracks against the ice and explodes. Todoroki's ice holds up against the blast. "Fuck!" one of them exclaims.

I turn to observe our opponents. The one who can shoot bombs from his hands seems like he's their most offensive man while the other one that doesn't appear to be the leader looks a little more calm and collected and he has the appearance of what looks like a tiger. The one I assume is the leader is hanging back behind the other two, probably waiting for the right moment to use his quirk on us. "Todoroki! The one in the back must be their leader. He probably has the most dangerous quirk! We should focus on taking down the other two simotaniously then attack him together," I suggest to him.

I glace over at Todoroki to see how he feels about my plan. My eyes widen slightly when I see him smiling my way. "Sounds like a good plan Yaoyorozu. I'll take the one with the bombs. I can handle him quickly. That tiger looking guy probably has enhanced strength and will be fighting with his hands, or claws. You should be able to handle him right?"

I turned my attention back to the criminal I was assigned to. "That won't be a problem," I say with confidence. I hold my hand out and create a metal staff from my palm. I grip it tightly as it is complete.

From my arm I create a russian nesting doll. It pops out and I catch it. "Wait is that-"

"It's what we used against Mr. Aizawa during our exam before," I interrupt Todoroki since I knew what he was going to say. "I'll throw this and it'll give us an advantage over them."

"Good. Do it," he said in a calm, yet excited tone which only he is capable of doing.

I throw the doll forward with all my strength. The men watch it soar through the air, laughing at the small child's toy coming at them. Todoroki and I watch as the doll separates and the flash grenade is exposed. We hide our eyes in our arms as it goes off. I hear the loud sound from the grenade and I remove my arm from my face. I see the criminals grabbing their eyes and cursing us out. "NOW!" Todoroki and I charge toward them.