Chapter 9

Not everyone is meant to stay together. 

Eva has always wondered what she had done to Amelia to make her hate her so much. It didn't make sense- one day she was super nice to her, and they next she hated her.

What she didn't know, what that she stole Amelia's mate without knowing.

The day after Amelia turned 16: 

Amelia was sitting at her desk, daydreaming. She knew that any day now, she could meet her mate. For all she knew, her mate could be in the same school as her! 

"AMELIA!" the teacher yelled in her face. All the students around her were laughing. 

"Yes?" she replied.

"What is the square root of 1?" he asked. They were reviewing square roots since a lot of kids didn't remember then from the last few years they have been doing them.

"1," she answered.

"Correct, he says.

All of the sudden, the sexiest boy in the world walked into her classroom with a stack of paper. Amelia immediately knew that he was her mate. 

"Mr. Johnson wanted me to bring these to you. It's about the bake sale being held tomorrow," he told the teacher, not even looking at Amelia. 

"Thank you.." he continued, waiting for him to say his name. 

"Zach," he replied. Hearing his name, sent a shiver down Amelia's spine.

"Thank you Zach."

Zach walked out the door.

"May I use the bathroom?" she asked the teacher. 

"Since you used correct grammar, sure," he replied.

She rushed out the room to catch up to her mate.

"Zach," she yelled out.

He looked at her, straight in the eyes. 

"Mate," he whispered, shaking his head. 

Amelia walked closer to him, entranced by his scent. 

"Don't come any closer," he warns her.

"Why not?" she asks, feeling rejected.

"I'm already dating someone," he says, with a sympathetic smile.

"What?" Amelia asks. "But I'm your mate!" 

"Maybe I can be with you secretly?" he asks. 

"Who are you dating?" she demands.

"Eva Faithenful," he replies.

"She's my sister."