chapter seven; you're what

─────────── CHAPTER SEVEN

❝ YOU'RE WHAT ❞ ▬▬▬▬▬▬

FOR A MOMENT I felt my heart stop and my eyes widen. Everything went blank and all I could hear was Leila's voice over and over again repeating the words I was still in denial of.

Finally I felt my heart start to beat again but this time it was all I could hear. I started breathing heavily.

"Mimz?!" Leila yelled and caught me before I fell.

For a few seconds I closed to eyes and tried to relax remembering the words my childhood therapist would tell me. Breathe in. Breathe out. Deep breaths.

In

Then

out

Then finally I calmed down "Mimz are you okay?" Leila asked worry lacing her voice. She looked me deep in my eyes and gave me a small yet sympathetic smile. She knew it was my anxiety. She knew a lot about anxiety seeing as her mother was a therapist and her sister suffered from a lot of mental health issues one of them being anxiety.

"Yeah I'm fine, L." I muttered "I'm just—" before I could finish that sentence and finally express in clear words what I felt to my best friend, though I'm pretty sure my wordless reaction was more than enough, I heard the door bust open and Dylan walk in.

"Dylan...?" Leila asked with a confused expression as she raised a brow.

Then it hit me. A while ago I had given him a keycard to my room so that he would be a more accessible late night call. He had given me a key to his house as well.

"How much of that did you—" once again I was cut off by the chocolate haired man who at this point did not look happy at all.

"You're pregnant?" Dylan growled as he looked me dead in the eyes.

"Dyl... I-I can explain..." I said as I felt tears form in my eyes. I looked over at Leila.

"I have to go..." she mumbled "I just remembered I have to meet Tyler at Starbucks for some coffee." She said after checking her phone to look at the time. "I'll talk to you later, Okay, M?" Leila asked softly

"Yeah, uh sure. Have fun." I muttered as I watched her slowly leave and walk out of the room, closing the door behind her since she knew how much open doors annoyed me.

I then let out a small sigh turning back to the chocolate haired man "Dylan..." I started still trying to find the right words to say to him. "I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you earlier but I just found out myself a while ago." I told him as tears threatened to leave my eyes but I held them back, trying to stay strong and not show that I was weak or just some child.

"You're ruining my life, Maryam!" Dylan yelled using my first name which I won't lie triggered me to a certain extent.

"Dylan, please..." I said as I felt the tears build up more in my eyes yet I pushed them back not wanting them to leave. I didn't want to cry. I didn't want to be weak.

"Don't." He said and sighed "Just don't." Dylan said with another aggravated sigh afterwards and a small groan "You know I came over here to check up on you. To see if you were doing okay after what happened this morning and then I find out that you're pregnant!" He yelled getting even madder by the second.

"Like you're so innocent! You're the problem! You were the one sleeping with your student! You were the one who said you'd pull out! You were the one who decided not to use a condom all of those times so guess what it's not my fault!" I yelled finally sticking up for myself as I glared at the older man.

Dylan just scoffed and turned away from me. He walked out of the room and I looked down letting one small tear fall from my eyes. I heard his footsteps and his shoes banging against the wooden floor as he reached the door and opened it. I heard the squeak of the door then the door slam closed.

After hearing the slam to confirm that Dylan was gone I let my tears fall, all of them not holding any back as I sobbed and let out small whimpers.

I didn't know what I wanted to do, where I wanted to go. All I knew was I wanted to get the hell away from Miami High school, I wanted to get the hell away from my popular asshole friends who would judge me, I wanted to get away from Leila and Tyler and their stupid perfect relationship but most importantly I wanted to get away and go as far as possible from him, Mr. O'Brien.