Chapter 18 (Part 2)

R . a . y . n . e

     "Am I missing something here?"

    The way that Jah'eim stood would make any man cower backwards. It felt as if he had been betrayed by everyone in the room with the exception of Danielle. His heart seemed to pound in his chest, the AirPod in his ear that blared the lyrics of a G Eazy song now being overpowered. He removed the earbud quickly, blinking rapidly. I can feel the death stare of Jah'eim on the side of my face which he shifts over to Dr. Tee. His jaw was clenched, forehead throbbing with a headache he couldn't stop. Sweat beads had begun to form as his body became hot. Jah'eims' hands start to itch in the palm as he felt the urge to break everything around him. His eyes slowly close, the wetness of unknown tears finally pooling in the bottom of them. Jah'eim doesn't know it but on the inside, this made Dr. Tee snicker.

     "I'm just at a lost of words and I definitely don't like your tone doctor. You better be lucky I respect my brothers family or else you'd be finished right here." He expresses through clenched teeth just before taking a step back. That's when my left eyebrow began to twitch, a feeling of something to come washing over me. I don't ignore the twitching, taking it as a sign because I only notice it when things are about to turn sour.

      "Man, I hate to say but," Tank saves the day by breaking the short awkward silence. He steps away from his far location, coming into the circle of three now made four. I eye the fresh cut he sported, a perfect fade on his head. Tank adjusts his black pants around his waist, seriousness in his demeanor. "It is very telling on your part how bad of a liar that you are. I'm overly observant with people and I instantly knew that you were a fraud the second you walked in here. Do us all a favor and yourself a favor and tell us what's going on. Where did you come from?"

"Sorry to seem like such a downer but I can't carry out your favors." Dr. Tee doesn't take Tank's words too lightly as he felt halfway defenseless. He knew he had protection, just didn't know when the protection would come. "I work here at the hospital. The answer to your question is already there. I am simply just taking care of Montavious."

     "Look son," Samuel finally takes the chance to speak. He had grown tired of seeing his new dear children batter at the doctor. He wanted answers as well, making his stand known. A silver chain hangs from his strong neck, shining as he spoke. "I don't necessarily put myself within situations that involve conflict but for that man laying in that hospital bed though, I'd instantly put blood on my hands. For your safety, please tell us who you really are."

     "sigh Sir, for the last time," Dr. Tee confidently eyes me before outstretching his hands at his sides and doing a full circle spin. Everyone in the room takes a good look at him, reading the filth he exudes. "I am just a temporary replacement."

     "That's some bullshit man and I ain't tryna hear it." Sosa, another silent brother of Montie's, says the words I wanted to before I could. I could tell by the glossed look he carried that he had been another victim to the sadness behind Montie. Sosa looked as if he hadn't slept in days, let alone eaten anything. "I ain't got time to be dealing with no fake ass doctor. I watched one of my closest brothers get shot in front of my face. Do you really think I have the time to listen to yo' fuckin' bullshit?"

     "Okay, I just don't get paid enough for this. Who are y'all anyways? I could have each of you escorted out like I said." Dr. Tee had finally had it with the group of family continuously hounding him with questions he had already answered. Creases in his forehead had begun to form, looking as though they were rippling waves in a body of blue water. His hands were now clammy, forcing him to stuff them inside the pockets of his white hospital coat. When I see Sosa's eyes turn deadly, I knew I had to prevent what was coming next. Jah'eim began to chuckle, and Tank seemed unresponsive as he thought about the nasty reply.