Chapter 17

4 Hours Earlier

T . r . e . D . o . n

"HOW MUCH YOU WANNA BET THAT I'MA GET SHORTY NUMBER right over there?" Ledo says to me, pushing my shoulder a little and pointing in the direction of where the female he wanted resided. I get a good look at her, make a sheepish face, and turn my attention elsewhere. She was cute, but she definitely wasn't my type. She was more so Ledo's type though. The botox face, but not too much botox, over the top bosom area, fat plastic ass, but the biggest thing that over powered those qualities was the ghetto, nasty ass attitude. I'm good on her type, she can stay far away from me for all I care.

I fix the blood red snap back on my head, turning the black leather bill of it to the other direction. I kick my feet up, that were covered in some stained, worn down, orange and black KD shoes, on one of the many midnight black, with silver finishes, Escalade trucks I owned. I did think about bringing out my cherry red Charger today that I usually drove, but for some reason I felt daggers on my back, like someone was watching me and having my usual car is only going to have them trail me even more. I mean, I don't have a problem with being found, seeing as though I'm out in the open now, but when it came to my cars, I ain't play about that. The Escalade was bullet proof, but my Charger wasn't.

I watched as a full court basketball game goes on in front of my eyes, tank tops versus skins, and from the looks of it, the skins were winning. Sweat was drenching everyone from the smoldering heat and it makes me stop and realise how much I missed all of this about summer. Females in scattered groups here and there, scoping the teams and picking which one player they would declare theirs for the night. It was a couple baby mamas and few toddlers here and there, but majority of the people that resided at the court or on benches, were 15 and up. I spotted teens with pop sickles and freeze pops, making me chuckle and think about my young days at their age and how much fun we had joking around.

"Man, I don't doubt you getting her number. She look easy my guy and on top of that, she definitely ya' type." I finally reply with a chuckle. There was sweat running down the front of my bare chest, making my tattoos glisten and the brim of my black shorts to become a tad bit damp. Ledo looks hurt by what I had said, nodding his head and raking his overgrown beard. He leans back on my car as well, but doesn't dare climb onto it. I'm the only one that has the right to do that.

"tsk, All the females you talk to are easy. They just throw the pussy at you 'cause they know you got the big money." My sense could tell that he was greatly offended by what I had said about him and the females he generally attracted. Ledo looks back at me, once again, raising a bushy brow. I can do nothing but make a sheepish face and nod my head. He wasn't entirely wrong, but he wasn't entirely right. My pockets and women never came into contact unless I cared a lot about the female. The biggest expense I bought a woman was a cab ride back to her own house after a very long night of nothing but sex. Heated, good, and that sweaty sex actually.

"I can't complain though, but I got standards."

"Standards?" Ledo lets a bored expression come across his face, making its mark to stay. I crane my neck.

"Duh foo'." I'm half attempted to throw this water bottle at him that was to my right, but I refrain from doing so cause he the type to not give me my own shit back. This water was too damn good and cold on this hot day, to just be letting it go to anybody like that.

"What standards? You be hitting everything that walks around on earth, Tru."

"No I don't nigga, shut up. No bitch at this basketball court can say I hit them, dumb ass. You on the other hand, I don't know."