Chapter 15

J . a . s . m . i . n . e

Later on the Next Day

     "SO, HOW IS YOUR SENIOR PAPER COMING ALONG? DID MR. E have a chance to tell you about it and the topics we could choose from?" Dominic, a best friend of mine from high school, asks of me.

     We were currently seated at the kitchen island in Jah'eim's large estate, eating out of a clear bowl filled with cheddar and caramel popcorn for us to eat. I loved the combination together, it's something about it that made my taste buds spring to life. Ironically, Dominic's taste buds did too so, we mutually decided to eat it together. My head now rests on my hand and I sigh a long one. Senior year was supposed to be fun they said. It was supposed to be the best time of my life, they said. That is all lies, bullshit even. Your last year in highschool is total and complete hell. Papers being due here, projects due there, and not to mention already dealing with somebody else kids.

Aggravated much Jasmine?

     I definitely am.

     "My senior paper is almost done, because I have good work ethic unlike some people," I make an indirect shot towards Dominic and he catches it. Pretending as if I sent an actual bullet from a handgun rippling through his well shaped frame, Dominic gasps and dramatically clutches his broad chest.

"I may be tripping but, are those shots being fired from the great, nerdy, Jasmine? I'm shocked!" He laughs a very loud one, not at all hiding the fact that it amused him that I, Jasmine Santiago, would send shots his way.

"I think so." The words come out of my mouth kind of nonchalantly, not one emotion behind them. Dominic begins then to calm down his laughter, focusing on me.

Dominic truly thought that Jasmine was beautiful. She had this nice head of nearly jet black hair, healthy, and well taken care of. It went down her back side, and he made sure to watch as it flowed, well... Alongside looking at her rear end as well. Dominic admired Jasmine and her womanly ways. Too many females in their generation were too out of wack for him. Meaning, they did unwomanly things all the time, giving or showing their bodies to the next man, and getting impregnated without a secure plan to. Dominic wanted absolutely, no contact with those kind of women.

Instead, he wanted a girl like Jasmine. Dominic knew that she was quiet most times, but around just him, she was a sight to be seen. She had an adorable laugh, kind of squeaky, kind of normal. He didn't know how to describe it, but he just knew that it was perfect. Dominic loved seeing Jasmine smile all the time, her teeth were in great shape, always nothing less than bright. He wondered her secret to them daily, but didn't bother to ask because he thought it would be weird. The most amazing thing about Jasmine that he absolutely adored though, was her drive. Something about a woman who knows what she wants and stops at nothing to get it, makes him happy.

"Mmm. You need to keep them weak ass bullets," I stare at Dominic, eyes simmering down to being just barely squinted.

There was something special about Dominic... from the way he talked with a southern accent or maybe the way that he carried himself. Dominic is definitely a nice young man I could probably see myself being with in the near future. He had money and something going on with his life. Not to mention, the love he has for his mother let's me know he would love me just as much, if not, then a little bit less. I don't have a crush on Dominic, oh no, but I did have some sort of interest in him. I admit, he is definitely cute and very funny but, that's not the only thing that I want in a man that I can potentially spend the rest of my life with. There are other qualities he would need