Part 1

LOUIS POV

"Louis, can you come here please your mother and I want to talk to you" My mum Johanna calls me.

I just got home from school and it was another rough day. Ever since I came out as gay I've been bullied to no end, my day exists of being pushed and kicked and most of the time my head is flushed down the toilet before 8am. As a result I've been skipping school, I hate being there and my only way of escape is to ditch. My parents have no idea what's been going on, they are both gay themselves and I couldn't put what happens to me on their shoulders. The kids at school know about my family situation and it just adds fuel to the fire. As a result I've distanced myself from everyone, preferring to be alone for fear of ridicule and getting hurt. I've found many ways to cope with the bullying, even going as far as changing my appearance. As far as my mothers both think, I'm going through a rebellious teenage stage. I've died my hair black, gotten an eyebrow ring and I hang out in my room all the time, it's not like I have any friends to hang out with anyway, they all abandoned me when I came out and they now join in on my torment.

I sigh and shut the front door behind me, I make my way to the kitchen slowly I pull nervously on my black sweater sleeves and scuff my matching Vans along the floor, I reach the doorway to find my mother Johanna and my step mum Anne sitting at the table, tea cups in hand.

My mother and Anne got married nine years ago. Anne has a son Harry who is six years older than me, making him 23. Harry moved out five years ago with his four mates, they all moved from Holmes Chapel to London to attend university together. Harry is now a detective and is head of London's teenage crime devision, he still lives with Niall, Liam and Zayn and they all work in the force together. I remember how nice they all were and they always included me when they came over, Niall would always let me win at FIFA. Harry and I were close when he lived here, I always felt protected and I may have had a slight crush on him, but a few months before he left we drifted apart. Harry became distant, It was around the time I came out so I assumed it was because of that. I know our parents are gay but I have no idea what else would have caused him to act like I didn't exist. Now it's just me at home and it can get kind of lonely. I used to talk to Harry about everything and I would give anything to have someone to talk to about stuff again. I love my parents but they work a lot and I'm alone so much, I used to love talking to Harry, he would always listen and give great advice. Calling him now though isn't an option, he hates me and hasn't spoken one word to me in five years, he would probably laugh at me if I told him what's going on at school.

I stand awkwardly in the kitchen doorway. Anne looks at me, her long brown hair is done up in a ponytail, she smiles reassuringly.

"Come and sit down sweetheart" she says lovingly.

I hesitate, I'm not really in the mood for a talk right now. I look towards my mother and she is quiet, it looks like she has been crying and she won't look me in the eyes.

"What's going on?" I ask a little worried now.

I walk over to the table and sit down, I pull my black jumper sleeves over my hands, a habit I developed over the last few years.

"Louis, we both need to talk to you about something important" Anne continues.

"Okay" I say quietly, my mum still won't look at me.

"Sweetheart, we have noticed lately you have been rather quiet, you're not eating...you prefer to be in your room all the time....we are worried about you honey" Anne says concerned.

"I'm fine, I eat... and I just like to be by myself" I say, fiddling with the sleeves of my jumper.

"Honey, we know about you skipping school, the principal called us today" she finishes.